Trail Boots

05030_fox_comp5_offroad.jpg

I just got the Fox Comp 5 Off Road boots for Christmas.  I have a wide foot and usually wear a size 10 shoe/ boot. I got a size 10 in the Comp 5 and they fit true to size.  They were not tight at all in the toe box and felt comfortable right out of the box.  I haven't ridden in them yet, but I did some walking around in them and also tried them out on the bike for shifter feel.  They are definitely different than the high work boots I was using, so I'm sure will take some getting used to.  They have a work boot sole versus the other type which seemed would be very slippery in the muck on a hill side.  There were complaints about the buckles, but they work well, adjust easily and snap into place well.  I like there are 4 buckles, shin protection, exhaust protection, and a bit of ankle support.  There is also room at the calf for knee/shin guards.  Best thing was the price.  They are $199 at most online outlets.    

• Like 2

I have been wearing these bad boys for the past few months:

IMG_1936.JPG

Alpinestars tech 7 enduro boots, really comfy straight out of the box and after one day of wearing them it feels like you have had them for years. The only downside is the bloody things squeak when walking in them but not a big deal.

I did like the Forma Boulder boots boots but not the ankle support it offered.

Edited by ericace007

Sidi chargers. Not the cheapest at around $375, but the most comfortable boot I have ever worn by far.

I have about 300 hours on them (riding hours according to my bikes hour meter) and you can probably almost double that to account for the time before, durring, and after the ride that I am wearing unloading bikes, waiting at trail intersections, them sitting around a camp fire, etc. and they still have a lot of life left. I will probably get them resoled next winter though.

Edited by woods-rider

I have been wearing these bad boys for the past few months:

post-413393-0-72435700-1421059779.jpg

Alpinestars tech 7 enduro boots, really comfy straight out of the box and after one day of wearing them it feels like you have had them for years. The only downside is the bloody things squeak when walking in them but not a big deal.

I did like the Forma Boulder boots boots but not the ankle support it offered.

Looks like somebody has been doing burnouts in the garage ..... 🤣

• Like 1

I use these. Only reason being that all my other gear is FOX mx gear + I like to look like I know what I'm doing out there even though I really don't. Went on kijiji + bought them pretty much new for 100 bux. They took awhile to break-in but they're fine once you get used to them. After a solid day of riding in the dirt, everything on your body is sore anyways so chances are after an hour in, you won't be put-off that your boots don't feel like your running shoes no matter what you decide to go with. Plus with these, I like the idea of having good bracing on my foot/feet more importantly than a more cozy trail boot – it's crazy the beating/banging your feet take out there. They've held up very well in the cold + are pretty good at keeping water out. Rain, pretty much 100% – submerging your foot in a mud hole, not as much.  

$_35.JPG

About a year and a half ago I asked the same question. Being new to the forum and not really "knowing" anyone at the time, coupled with no personal experience or any riding buddies I was lost. Ultimately, I went with gnath's advice and bought the garne balance oiled. They are perfect for me, I'm not a hardcore or crazy off road rider and mostly ride around town. They are very comfortable, easy to walk in, well made, can be resoled. The formas probably offer a bit more protection based on the videos I've seen.

• Like 1

I've got a pair of Fox Comp 5 boots. Had these ones about 2.5 years. I'm pretty happy with them nice fit out of the box and haven't caused me any problems so far.

Foxcomp5s_zps64d64019.jpg

Edited by Tom_o

thupssmiley1.gif

These turned up today....

20150119_132939Medium_zps821a79b8.jpg

Thor Ratchet boots...wrecked my old ones and have been wearing Doc Martens for awhile now...not good.

I read on the web site that their sizes are a bit off and to order one size larger...yep, spot on...one size up and fit perfectly  1046-thumbs_up_smiley_zps1f3cfc78.gif...now just got to get used to riding in MX boots again LOL

• Like 1