Leaking Hole in Valve Cover

Hey guys. A while ago I landed on a guy (long story) and somehow put a hairline crack in my valve cover. It leeks a very small amount of oil when running, not enough to notice a decrease in oil level. It is slightly dented and there is a small crack on the inside/outside.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1421011790.786101.jpg

Is there a way to fix this other than paying $133 for a new cover at the Honda dealer? I was thinking maybe JB weld.

IMO - I would use a thin application of 2 part JB-Weld on that.

have the bike in a garage or warm area before application.

Let the bike sit so the oil drains from the top end.

Sand down about 1/4" around the area, clean and let dry. Prep is important.

You will only need a little JB weld. I'd use my finger to apply. Let the JB weld set for 24 hours min and carefully sand if you need to make it look pretty.

I had about 10 pin holes leaks in the bottom of the steel gas tank for my 30 year old street bike. Did above and its been leak free for over 2 years.

Also did above for a small crack in the clutch cover from my rear brake lever on my 05. Holding strong.

FYI - I carry the 5 minute JB weld stick in my pack but only for emergencies

Edited by filterx

IMO - I would use a thin application of 2 part JB-Weld on that.

have the bike in a garage or warm area before application.

Let the bike sit so the oil drains from the top end.

Sand down about 1/4" around the area, clean and let dry. Prep is important.

You will only need a little JB weld. I'd use my finger to apply. Let the JB weld set for 24 hours min and carefully sand if you need to make it look pretty.

I had about 10 pin holes leaks in the bottom of the steel gas tank for my 30 year old street bike. Did above and its been leak free for over 2 years.

Also did above for a small crack in the clutch cover from my rear brake lever on my 05. Holding strong.

FYI - I carry the 5 minute JB weld stick in my pack but only for emergencies

Haha thanks, I'll give it a try in the next few days, I'll take the cover off to do it though.