Bike insurance

I have bin trying to get insurance for my bike and have called around and I'm with Allstate for my truck and they won't do it. Call other places but u need a motorcycle licince wich I don't have even if tho my bike is not street legal dose anyone know of company's that will insure dirt bikes that arnt street legal thanks .

I forgot to state I live in Ontario sorry lol

I have bin trying to get insurance for my bike and have called around and I'm with Allstate for my truck and they won't do it. Call other places but u need a motorcycle licince wich I don't have even if tho my bike is not street legal dose anyone know of company's that will insure dirt bikes that arnt street legal thanks .

I forgot to state I live in Canada Ontario sorry lol

It was just a thought that maybe his searches for insurance were somehow affected.

Mean? Mean about what?

There's lots of insurance companies that insure motorcycles. Progressive for one although they do support progressive ideologies also.

State Farm, Farmers. Yellow pages and Google are full of insurance companies.

Edited by DR.billZ

It was just a thought that maybe your searches for insurance were somehow affected.

Mean? Mean about what?

There's lots of insurance companies that insure motorcycles. Progressive for one although they do support progressive ideologies also.

State Farm, Farmers. Yellow pages and Google are full of insurance companies.

I took your first statement as if you were referring to his grammar. 

Edited by ZacXin250f

No, I was talking about his spelling. If you make that many mistakes in a short post then it's fair to assume you might search for insurance by, maybe something like 'inshurince'. I'd correct him just the same if he were searching for a skid plate by 'sckidd plaate'. It was obvious there might be a problem with that.

Just trying to be helpful and not enabling.

If your first language is French, my apologies. But it's always good to state that at the onset so those of us paying for people's education don't get rattled ?

Edited by DR.billZ

No, I was talking about his spelling. If you make that many mistakes in a short post then it's fair to assume you might search for insurance by, maybe something like 'inshurince'. I'd correct him just the same if he were searching for a skid plate by 'sckidd plaate'. It was obvious there might be a problem with that.

Just trying to be helpful and not enabling.

Lol 'sckidd plaate' .... would have to be real out there to spell it like that  ? and sorry I just took it kind of rude!

If you are talking about 'bike' insurance and not personal liability insurance,

here in Quebec, and I'm pretty sure all across Canada, "off-road competition vehicles" 

(meaning a pure MX'er bike) are not eligible for damage or theft coverage by insurance company regulations.

The only way my insurance company would first consider my YZ125 to be covered is if I registered and plated it as an 'ATV'

(42$ a year plate fees) but of course as MX dirtbikes aren't legal in the provincial ATV clubs/trail networks, that plate would be useless to me.

Some off-road enduro type bikes are now accepted thru partnerships with ATV clubs but only in limited areas of the trail networks.

Any damages occured while at an MX track would not be covered by the policy as that is considered a 'high risk competition area' to them.

At approx. 350-400$ extra a year for the insurance premium to basically have fire, damage and theft coverage

only while stored in the safety of my locked garage, I passed and will simply take the risk myself.

The only exception I have found, if your are a member of the Quebec Federation of Off-Road Motorcycles,

(FQMHR) you can benefit from a certain extra coverage thru a partership with JA Lemieux insurance brokers:

http://www.fqmhr.qc.ca/accueil/assurances/

Edited by mlatour

Just tired of seeing my tax dollars go up in smoke for a poor education. But in this case it's Canada and their 50% income tax on everyone...

Rrrrrrright.... Why don't you do a little more reading before you throw false information around. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. That's just embarrassing...

To the OP: if you're in Ontario, call Nicole McCann. She is a State Farm agent. Call 905-898-4009. They have helped me out with insurance for both of my dirtbikes. $125 for the year for off-road insurance. You will need a green plate for the bike, bit you do NOT need a motorcycle license

Hard as it was to stomach this, State Farm is the ONLY company remotely interested in servicing

this segment of the market.

Our beloved government requires us to get insurance, the most expensive in the country, but won't

force the companies to provide a product.

I have almost 7 figures of real estate insurance, 2 trailers, 2 cars a 32' motorhomeand a snowmobile

with my broker of 40 years, but a $172 dirt bike policy with State Farm.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...