Clake? ..worth getting?

1st I've seen of it. Hard to imagine it being much different than a LHRB Rekluse, but it's obviously different. I wouldn't be willing to be an early adopter at the price of a Rekluse clutch. I have tried it before with LHRB and blew the cable out and removed it after 1 race. Poor setup by me. I didn't want to give up the clutch lever position or mess with 2 levers fitting on the bar. I always wanted to get a thumb operated brake like Mick Doohan but never followed through with it.

• Like 2

1st I've seen of it. Hard to imagine it being much different than a LHRB Rekluse, but it's obviously different. I wouldn't be willing to be an early adopter at the price of a Rekluse clutch. I have tried it before with LHRB and blew the cable out and removed it after 1 race. Poor setup by me. I didn't want to give up the clutch lever position or mess with 2 levers fitting on the bar. I always wanted to get a thumb operated brake like Mick Doohan but never followed through with it.

Yea just a left hand rear brake might be just good enough.. It's low on my list of upgrades for my bike but I'm still looking at it since it's there. I don't know anyone who has this. I for sure don't want a rekluse as the "free wheeling rolling back down the hill element " is something that doesn't work for me.. but the LHRB  is good for sure.. the clutch?.... Idk.

I wonder how much it would take to get used to it, I mean, when you are in trouble, how easy it would be to pull the wrong lever ... ?

D.

That.. and now that I look at it.. all those fricken curly levers look like your fingers can get caught in them.. I wonder what happens if you fall on it .. not sure.. the guy seems to have it down in the vid though..

That.. and now that I look at it.. all those fricken curly levers look like your fingers can get caught in them.. I wonder what happens if you fall on it .. not sure.. the guy seems to have it down in the vid though..

Hawai,

I've read a lot about Clake lately, and by consensus, those things you mentioned are not an issue.

There's plenty of information on the Aussie forum: http://www.dirtbikeworld.net/forum/index.php

Also a few very informative videos as well. (sorry, I can't find them now, maybe later)

Calke 2 (shown in video above) is way over my budget, but I'm very close to ordering the SLR setup witch combines the stock Beta clutch lever+master and adds another small lever+master. You can set it up so that the stock lever is the rear brake and the new lever a one-finger clutch. 

It's a shame it's still not popular in North America because that would probably bring the (very high) price down. 

• Like 2

Don't feel alone Johnny! I blew my hose out as well. Funny thing was the pedal worked just fine throughout the ride. It had something to do with the sleeve in the MC. It acts as some kind of check valve preventing brake fluid back flowing into the small line. It was my bad on not installing the hose far enough into the MC.

• Like 1

They do if set up correctly. My KTM has a converted clutch MC. No clutch. Just a brake. One finger lock up. Beta has the converted bicycle MC. Works great offroad, not so good on the pavement.

That's my exact set up on both my KTM and Beta, with the same results.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Still waiting for my Clake 2 to arrive. Just like Beta, apparently the factory is getting slammed with orders which is a good thing...

did you every get your clake?  I'm considering the SLR, but @ $400 i'm waiting for some more reviews...I emailed owen and he first responded to me right away,  I then sent him a couple more questions a week ago and haven't heard anything back from him?

did you every get your clake? I'm considering the SLR, but @ $400 i'm waiting for some more reviews...I emailed owen and he first responded to me right away, I then sent him a couple more questions a week ago and haven't heard anything back from him?

I haven't and I'm becoming frustrated. I emailed a month after purchase requesting an ETA and got a polite response that they were slammed with orders. Since then I have sent two more emails but received no response.

The situation is becoming worrisome.