Clake? ..worth getting?

CLAKE CROWD FUNDING: 20% discount off future products

ages ago i emailed owen at clake for a few guys here who were getting annoyed about delayed deliveries, he issued a public apology and said they were working flat out to meet the international demand that swamped them this year, but also find a solution. they are going the crowd funding route to resolve these current delays, and also get their new gear into production. click here to read about it. 

they are putting in a second more up-to-date CNC machine to boost production and hopefully eliminate delayed deliveries in the near future. the crowd funding will help with expanding their facilities but also getting their new stuff into production too. they are looking for an AUD$100 (about US$70?) contribution and in exchange there's a lifetime 20% discount on all their future products.

the new products are a customized throttle assembly, an electronic anti-stall device, and a fully electronic auto-clutch, with others planned later on too. 

the electronic auto-clutch is the one that i'm super keen on as my middle-aged fingers are starting to hurt after every ride even with the very light pull of the clake one light clutch. they reckon this is infinitely tuneable and can be set up to disengage the clutch when the engine is off - avoiding that nasty roll back on steep hills. 

a declaration of interest, i don't work for clake but they did ask me if i'd do some short videos for their crowd funding. no money changed hands but i'll be scoring one of those electronic auto-clutches when they come into production! i'll do an objective review once i get my hot little hands on it. :)

Why stop there? Throw a couple of more wheels on your bike,call it a convertible and be done with it.

• Like 1

ages ago i emailed owen at clake for a few guys here who were getting annoyed about delayed deliveries, he issued a public apology and said they were working flat out to meet the international demand that swamped them this year, but also find a solution. they are going the crowd funding route to resolve these current delays, and also get their new gear into production. click here to read about it. 

they are putting in a second more up-to-date CNC machine to boost production and hopefully eliminate delayed deliveries in the near future. the crowd funding will help with expanding their facilities but also getting their new stuff into production too. they are looking for an AUD$100 (about US$70?) contribution and in exchange there's a lifetime 20% discount on all their future products.

the new products are a customized throttle assembly, an electronic anti-stall device, and a fully electronic auto-clutch, with others planned later on too. 

the electronic auto-clutch is the one that i'm super keen on as my middle-aged fingers are starting to hurt after every ride even with the very light pull of the clake one light clutch. they reckon this is infinitely tuneable and can be set up to disengage the clutch when the engine is off - avoiding that nasty roll back on steep hills. 

a declaration of interest, i don't work for clake but they did ask me if i'd do some short videos for their crowd funding. no money changed hands but i'll be scoring one of those electronic auto-clutches when they come into production! i'll do an objective review once i get my hot little hands on it. :)

I thought you said you got rid of your Rekluse because you wanted a clutch?  Now you want an electronic clutch? That's cheating too right!!

What gives? does your finger hurt that badly that the light pressure clutch lever isn't light enough?

I thought you said you got rid of your Rekluse because you wanted a clutch?  Now you want an electronic clutch? That's cheating too right!!

What gives? does your finger hurt that badly that the light pressure clutch lever isn't light enough?

yes i got ride of the rekluse because i wanted to work on my clutch skills.

yes i will probably want to revert to an auto-clutch some time next year.

yes it's 'cheating'.

yes my left hand is starting to ache that badly after each ride even with the clake one light clutch. 

a year ago i asked the doc about my aching fingers after each ride, especially the clutch hand. he said it's the earliest stages of arthritis (runs in the family) and i should do what i could to minimize stress on the fingers. much as i loved the clake 2, the clake one light clutch has an even easier pull which has helped a lot.

problem is it's getting to the point where the left hand is sore nowadays even with the extremely light pull. so if it keeps getting worse i figure at this rate i'll revert to an auto-clutch eventually next year. 

as i've said before, i dropped the rekluse because i wanted to learn proper clutch control which is needed for some of the trickier techniques for log hops and the like. i know guys call it cheating but i've never given anyone a hard time for using an auto-clutch and have always said it can help you ride in more technical terrain than usual to develop other skills (but obviously not your clutch work).

getting old is a bitch and i'm already 'cheating'... steg pegz, bar risers, flexx bars for the arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. and i'll revert to using an auto-clutch when i feel i have to. in our training chris birch was saying i needed to ditch these things for the more advanced techniques but i said as you get into your mid 50s you start to need all the help you can get.

only time will tell but i might only have another year left in me for this cross training lark before reverting to normal trail riding mixed in with some adventure riding. :(

• Like 7

yes i got ride of the rekluse because i wanted to work on my clutch skills.

yes i will probably want to revert to an auto-clutch some time next year.

yes it's 'cheating'.

yes my left hand is starting to ache that badly after each ride even with the clake one light clutch. 

a year ago i asked the doc about my aching fingers after each ride, especially the clutch hand. he said it's the earliest stages of arthritis (runs in the family) and i should do what i could to minimize stress on the fingers. much as i loved the clake 2, the clake one light clutch has an even easier pull which has helped a lot.

problem is it's getting to the point where the left hand is sore nowadays even with the extremely light pull. so if it keeps getting worse i figure at this rate i'll revert to an auto-clutch eventually next year. 

as i've said before, i dropped the rekluse because i wanted to learn proper clutch control which is needed for some of the trickier techniques for log hops and the like. i know guys call it cheating but i've never given anyone a hard time for using an auto-clutch and have always said it can help you ride in more technical terrain than usual to develop other skills (but obviously not your clutch work).

getting old is a bitch and i'm already 'cheating'... steg pegz, bar risers, flexx bars for the arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome. and i'll revert to using an auto-clutch when i feel i have to. in our training chris birch was saying i needed to ditch these things for the more advanced techniques but i said as you get into your mid 50s you start to need all the help you can get.

only time will tell but i might only have another year left in me for this cross training lark before reverting to normal trail riding mixed in with some adventure riding. :(

Ah Shit,,,,, im right behind you. I have trigger finger in both hands and some days i lock up tight to the bars. cant even get one finger off for the front brake. Sucks to get old but its interesting at the same time dealing with it!!! Im trying to decide between the Clake and a Rekluse, at this point i may go Rekluse.

..Just made 56.. but Im sticking to a manual clutch.. not bothered much..but my back and knees etc....

you are doing great judging by your vids! after every ride my knees crack and carry on every time i try to get out of a chair so don't know how they'll be going when i join you in three years time. went dirt riding last year with a guy who was 70 and really hope i can manage to do the same thing. he was taking it easy of course, but it was just great to see him out there having fun. 

the clake auto-clutch will probably take up to a year before its in production and i have a feeling that's around when my left hand will be insisting on it. :)

• Like 2

I have been fortunate in that the only arthritis I have is in my big toes (so far)but do get sore in the knees. The Clake just looks interesting, I had the Rekluse in my last two YZ's and decided to re-acquaint myself with the clutch on this bike. So far we are getting along nicely. I had never sprung for the left-hand brake but had ridden a 4T YZ with one and liked it, very nice when making a right hand switchback in steep terrain. Maybe I'll give myself a birthday present of one for my 74th b-day next month!

• Like 2

Has anyone tried the Prolever yet with a stock clutch? Looks like it would work well for restarting up a nasty hill.

Has anyone tried the Prolever yet with a stock clutch? Looks like it would work well for restarting up a nasty hill.

i've had the pro lever for almost a year and I love it for just that reason in the tight single track stuff 13 KTM 300 xcwimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Ah Shit,,,,, im right behind you. I have trigger finger in both hands and some days i lock up tight to the bars. cant even get one finger off for the front brake. Sucks to get old but its interesting at the same time dealing with it!!! Im trying to decide between the Clake and a Rekluse, at this point i may go Rekluse.

Cortizone/pain killer cocktail.  Needle to the tendon just below the problem trigger fingers, Slowly inject it while working the finger back and forth to get it spread out good.   Works for about 8 months on me.   Know what ya mean though, auto clutch is a God send if you have that condition.....if you can remember not to still use the clutch  (my problem) 

The Clake will work with a Rekluse, perhaps with the proper cams- it would be light enough to help with your finger.

For me- the LHRB makes a huge difference. But I can see where that could be a problem with finger issues.

I just have Reynaulds conditon and the cold is pretty painful.

Next ride you should try out the Gasser.

((Or fill your water bottles with bourbon)

Oh yeah, Clake is working on an electronic auto clutch that they say will address all the issues with current auto-clutches.

It will be interesting.

Mark

Cortizone/pain killer cocktail.  Needle to the tendon just below the problem trigger fingers, Slowly inject it while working the finger back and forth to get it spread out good.   Works for about 8 months on me.   Know what ya mean though, auto clutch is a God send if you have that condition.....if you can remember not to still use the clutch  (my problem)

I ordered mine on Dec 30th 2015 and my credit card was hit the next day so i guess he got my order OK. There was no place on the order form to leave a note on specifics such as : i have small hands, i want xtra cams to tailor the pull. Tell your buddy Owen he needs to add those things. i would gladly pay for xtra cams now rather than wait 6 months for them. I have emailed him several times now and still no reply or acknowledgement  of getting my emails.

DO me a favor and ask your buddy to check his emails, Phone calls from USA are crazy high prices and you folks are -18 hours from us.

Thanks,

Gary Chandler

I got an EMAIL from Owen today. I guess for some reason my emails were going to his spam folder.

I guess cuz its the other Hemisphere. LOL

Anyways, all is well and ETA is 4 weeks as of today.

• Like 1

I got an EMAIL from Owen today. I guess for some reason my emails were going to his spam folder.

I guess cuz its the other Hemisphere. LOL

Anyways, all is well and ETA is 4 weeks as of today.

the other problem is emails from the northern hemisphere show as upside down on our screens, this is usually why they go to our spam folder

It's not just emails, I have to turn my laptop over to read each of your postings AND my arms get tired holding it when watching your videos - plus they come with this funny accent!