hawaiidirtrider

Clake? ..worth getting?

Looks like Clake is STILL having issues with customer service. I have not received the unit i paid for  and OWEN does not return my email inquiries. Since they asked you to do some videos for their crowd funding perhaps you can do a video showing them how to respond to customer inquiries rather than having a hand out for investment funds. personally i cant see anyone investing in a company that cant fulfill current orders, and cant return emails. So i sound a little pissed do i? Not yet but i'm getting there. :(

gary, you might have noticed a few times on this thread and other threads that when the clake guys are snowed under and haven't responded to emails that i have made an interstate phone call for them to find out what's happening. i'm happy to do the same for you if you want to ask, but your sarcasm in asking me to do a video about customer service isn't appreciated. if you are pissed, direct it at them, don't include me in it unless i work for them. or just request a refund.

for anyone else whose put an order in, i checked in a few week's ago for someone else and apparently they've had several weeks of major issues with getting the second cnc machine that is meant to cope with the increased demand over the past year. i'm not sure if this means the approx six week delivery delay reported on the website has got longer but it probably has. :(

• Like 1

gary, you might have noticed a few times on this thread and other threads that when the clake guys are snowed under and haven't responded to emails that i have made an interstate phone call for them to find out what's happening. i'm happy to do the same for you if you want to ask, but your sarcasm in asking me to do a video about customer service isn't appreciated. if you are pissed, direct it at them, don't include me in it unless i work for them. or just request a refund.

for anyone else whose put an order in, i checked in a few week's ago for someone else and apparently they've had several weeks of major issues with getting the second cnc machine that is meant to cope with the increased demand over the past year. i'm not sure if this means the approx six week delivery delay reported on the website has got longer but it probably has. :(

Sorry you took it that way as i wasnt directing anything at you. my sarcasm was unwarranted so ill delete my post.

Sorry you took it that way as i wasnt directing anything at you. my sarcasm was unwarranted so ill delete my post.

no worries gary, l understand your position and i'd be pissed too. they actually had customer service that guys raved about until the international demand kicked in and it's been pretty crappy ever since. and i've told them that lol. i'll put a call in today and see what i can find out. 

no worries gary, l understand your position and i'd be pissed too. they actually had customer service that guys raved about until the international demand kicked in and it's been pretty crappy ever since. and i've told them that lol. i'll put a call in today and see what i can find out. 

Thanks OZ,  and i'm not asking you to get involved nor expect you to as you stated, you have no affiliation. 

Lotus how long did it take for you to get your Clake?

Owen said he shipped mine 18 days ago and i still haven't gotten it.

I keep emailing him and get no reply so i am getting a bit uneasy about his company.

You would think that a company that is looking for investors would have a better communication with its customers.

I don't like to badmouth openly on a public forum but Clake needs to get their customer service issues ironed out.

About six week from order. I don't recall exactly how much of that was shipping.

He told me it would be about that long.

I wouldn't worry- you will get it. Sometimes the mail is really slow- I've experienced that before. I had to sign for everything I've gotten.

I have gone a bit with no response before, but most of the time he has been quite prompt.

I would like to set up a US sales outlet- but they probably have more than enough sales already.

But I a getting a fair selection of cams going...the ability to tune them just how you want is wonderful.

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks Mark, and Thanks Barry. Owen emailed me today finally, (TY Barry again) he assured me it's in the mail and maybe stuck in customs. 

Sorry to get pissy here on the forum, it must be cabin fever!!!!

Thanks Mark, and Thanks Barry. Owen emailed me today finally, (TY Barry again) he assured me it's in the mail and maybe stuck in customs. 

Sorry to get pissy here on the forum, it must be cabin fever!!!!

i think a lot of guys have cabin fever gary, i've had a pile of guys in canada and alaska ask for more ride vids to tide them over till things thaw out. :)

rest assured the clake will arrive. owen is crap at emails but genuinely a very decent guy who has made some brilliant stuff. most of the guys i ride with have some kind of clake on their bike... mate just fitted his one light clutch last weekend and was over the moon, saying why aren't these on every single bike made? it's pretty good stuff....

• Like 1

I have a slightly used Clake2 for sale.

I got it for a buddy (the original owner had sold the bike) and it is for sale.

With foot brake option.

Get one quickly!

(Fits a KTM 300 For certain, probably most others as well)

PM me for details if interested.

I have one on my OSSA and my GasGas.

On 9/8/2015 at 2:26 AM, KimDN said:

I have a Clake 2 in stock at the shop I work at, if anyone is interested PM me.  $790 shipped to the mainland USA.   Also have SLR for $308 shipped to the mainland USA.

still have these in stock by any chance?

2 hours ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

still have these in stock by any chance?

I am waiting on some SLRs to come in, they will be a few weeks.   I don't have any Clake 2's on order at this time, if you want one you can PM me.  Pricing has gone up since I posted that 3 years ago, if you are interested LMK.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, KimDN said:

I am waiting on some SLRs to come in, they will be a few weeks.   I don't have any Clake 2's on order at this time, if you want one you can PM me.  Pricing has gone up since I posted that 3 years ago, if you are interested LMK.

Do you stock any of the cams for the brake lever?

I have some, what do you have now and what are you looking for?

I would highly recommend dissembling your beta clutch slave while or before our install the Clake, the only issues I've ever had with the Clake stemmed from the slave, any crud in the clutch system eventually goes down to slowly grind your slaves bore in to a less than desirable surface for a piston and seals, the harder the slave gets to push in the more the push rod wears (the end should be flat).

If your slave is on the way out you will have a hell of a time getting it setup correctly, check your slave, if it's shot the Rekluse KTM slave fits and is anodized inside and out (the stock slave is not) also look at the push rod, if its con caved replace, it's like $13-15.       

I have never had a Rekluse slave fail, stock I'm up to 4.    

• Like 1