Sprockets

I've not heard of broken teeth. I've bent a stock/OEM YZ rear sprocket (aluminum). OEM on a WR is chrome molly/ steel made by Sunstar. All-steel sprockets are great value. Sunstar are amongst the best in the business. Over 100 hours for a rear sprocket on my YZ 2-stroke.  

I imagine the twin-ring Renthal or Supersprox would offer similar longevity (but at a greater cost).

Outlaw racing are also very good.
JT steel sprockets are good, but are a marginally softer than Sunstar/Outlaw/Renthal/Supersprox.

Steel weighs twice what aluminum does.

These twin ring composite sprockets are right in the middle of the weight range between steel and aluminium.

I use steel on my YZ even in dry California. $40 for a steel rear sprocket that lasts 4 times and has a strength advantage versus $65 for an aluminum that lasts about 25-40hrs.

I've not heard of broken teeth. I've bent a stock/OEM YZ rear sprocket (aluminum). OEM on a WR is chrome molly/ steel made by Sunstar. All-steel sprockets are great value. Sunstar are amongst the best in the business. Over 100 hours for a rear sprocket on my YZ 2-stroke.

I imagine the twin-ring Renthal or Supersprox would offer similar longevity (but at a greater cost).

Outlaw racing are also very good.

JT steel sprockets are good, but are a marginally softer than Sunstar/Outlaw/Renthal/Supersprox.

Steel weighs twice what aluminum does.

These twin ring composite sprockets are right in the middle of the weight range between steel and aluminium.

I use steel on my YZ even in dry California. $40 for a steel rear sprocket that lasts 4 times and has a strength advantage versus $65 for an aluminum that lasts about 25-40hrs.

Yeah I see where your coming from by what about the steel teeth coming apart from the aluminum body of the twin ring sprocket?