"About time!" or silly gizmo?

I vote 'silly gizmo'.

I really have never had a issue with looking as I filled a tank. I also am not keen about the 'bobber' on the end, once done and the can removed, the fuel from the outside of the bobber is going to be dripping.

I've got a can that you insert the nozzle in the tank, and pull a lever. Fuel flows There is a second small tube alongside, the air vent. As soon as the air vent is covered by the fuel level in the tank, flow stops. You release the lever, remove the tank, not a single drop.

However, test it and let us know. What I thought I saw/understood in the video may not be accurate.

I like it but thats because I helped bring it to market.. The flow / fill is not restricted so it will fill your tank as fast as you are use to the perk is for those who have had things over fill because they are wrestling a 5 gallon jug, the hose and be able to see everything the way you need to know when the tank is almost full. 

A couple things is no if you have a KTM or other shallow tank it will not work for you without an adapter of sorts.. may look at that someday. 

It is not CARB approved so again all you cali folks just have to deal with the regs the enforce.. Or us dune riders coming accross the border do as well... So keep it secret... keep it safe is the rule for these jugs over there. We are working on a CARB model to replace those in homedepot because card tanks are a pain. They are slow and cumbersome in most all cases. 

I sell another simple solution for the utility jugs that does not have the float on the end. I use that one on trucks, Side By Sides, boats etc.. the non pipe thread on the cap makes it easy on / easy off and you wont drop your cap in the dirt or lake what ever the location...  

This solution is not for everyone but there is a majority of guys and gals who ride that will enjoy the setup.. I know I do.. I just love the sound it makes when it snaps shut and my tank is topped off.. No open hose to get dirt in. The cap keeps the float clean. it is clean and tidy.. 

• Like 1

I vote 'silly gizmo'.

I really have never had a issue with looking as I filled a tank. I also am not keen about the 'bobber' on the end, once done and the can removed, the fuel from the outside of the bobber is going to be dripping.

I've got a can that you insert the nozzle in the tank, and pull a lever. Fuel flows There is a second small tube alongside, the air vent. As soon as the air vent is covered by the fuel level in the tank, flow stops. You release the lever, remove the tank, not a single drop.

However, test it and let us know. What I thought I saw/understood in the video may not be accurate.

What brand is the fuel jug you speak of?

What brand is the fuel jug you speak of?

I do not recall the brand, I've had it for about ten years. Spout is about 1-1/4" diameter, with about a 3/8' vent hose, 5 gallon can. I stick it in till the hose hits the 'tunnel' in the tank and let it go. Nearly as fast as a dry break rig  (It seems). When the flow stops and you lift it out, the few ounces left in the tip drain out and the tank is filled to about 1" from the top of the neck. I have seen similar setups on dump cans with a vent hose zip tied to the fill hose.

I do not recall the brand, I've had it for about ten years. Spout is about 1-1/4" diameter, with about a 3/8' vent hose, 5 gallon can. I stick it in till the hose hits the 'tunnel' in the tank and let it go. Nearly as fast as a dry break rig  (It seems). When the flow stops and you lift it out, the few ounces left in the tip drain out and the tank is filled to about 1" from the top of the neck. I have seen similar setups on dump cans with a vent hose zip tied to the fill hose.

i want one....

i want one....

This is similar though it does not vent into the tank and self stop. Also, my can it is a lever, when you grab the canat the spount, you can squeeze or release the lever.

http://hunsakerusa.com/i-17356927-hunsaker-usa-5-gallon-quickfill-jugw-ball-valve-1-5-o-d-tubing-expansion-plug.html

This is similar though it does not vent into the tank and self stop. Also, my can it is a lever, when you grab the canat the spount, you can squeeze or release the lever.

http://hunsakerusa.com/i-17356927-hunsaker-usa-5-gallon-quickfill-jugw-ball-valve-1-5-o-d-tubing-expansion-plug.html

The spout looks like it was put together with plumbing parts from a hardware store. The same thing can probably be fabricated for less than $20.