Rmzpegger is just the person we need to talk to, Heading to Las vegas at the end of March. We are coming from northern Nevada and other guys are coming from Phoenix for two days of riding. I have seen his list of suggested areas to ride, what would suggest to be the top two places to ride. We went to Moab just a few months ago and rode hide ends off and had great time. Single track, technical, 50 to 60 miles a day, and just riding with good people makes it all worth it! Your suggestion will be ever so helpful, Thanks.  

Rmzpegger is just the person we need to talk to, Heading to Las vegas at the end of March. We are coming from northern Nevada and other guys are coming from Phoenix for two days of riding. I have seen his list of suggested areas to ride, what would suggest to be the top two places to ride. We went to Moab just a few months ago and rode hide ends off and had great time. Single track, technical, 50 to 60 miles a day, and just riding with good people makes it all worth it! Your suggestion will be ever so helpful, Thanks.

End of March it's starting to warm up down here a little but not bad. Shoot me a PM when it's closer to you're visit. New riders always welcome! We find Jean, Searchlight, and UTE to be our favorite rides but start riding Cold Creek when the temps get extreme. All the places we ride have a varied terrain. It can be slow and technical or desert floor high speed. Just pick your poison, Lol!

Pete

• Like 1

Many thanks for the suggestions and the invite, you can count on the PM as it gets closer. You can always tell people that love to ride bikes, they will go out of there way to get more people to ride with and to share the joys of riding! Thanks Ed. 

Those look like some fun trails! Do you guys normally park at the lake bed and head out from there?

We park in between the two gravel pits where the asphalt takes a hard right. If you keep going straight it turns into a dirt road past the first gravel pit.

Was that ride to some old train wreck site?

You have to worry about people out shooting?

Was that ride to some old train wreck site?

You have to worry about people out shooting?

No, we generally ride up to some old Miner's shack.  Don't think we have encountered people shooting there, but we have run into people at Apex.  One tard at Apex and his buddy setup their shooting table and were set to shoot towards the oncoming road (come around a bend and they were shooting in our direction).  We ran into them twice doing this, where there are a lot of other places with a better background.

Looks like rain this weekend out here.

We park in between the two gravel pits where the asphalt takes a hard right. If you keep going straight it turns into a dirt road past the first gravel pit.

I will have to make one of these trips out to Jean with you guys.

Wow, that's crazy!!

Gregg,

Good to meet you today and hope you enjoyed the ride! We've got a crap load more trails to show you!

• Like 1

Gregg,

Good to meet you today and hope you enjoyed the ride! We've got a crap load more trails to show you!

Gregg! Recognize this trail now! We rode over it today.

Hey Pete, likewise!

I definitely need to work on some better skills to keep up....might have to grab my Scott's off the other bike too and adjust the suspension!

I'll hit you up before I make plans to stay up again. I had some fun over by Nelson but seems like a bad choice for a solo afternoon ride....really buggy there too!

Hey Pete, I will text you if I decide to go Sunday, not sure I want to hit up Apex. Jean sounds fun for tomorrow but I have to work.

Justin, 

A lot of good stuff at APEX if you know where to go. We usually ride further out from home base on Saturdays and then default to Apex on Sundays and keep the loops under 30 miles because we're trashed from Saturday. Hope you can make it.