difference between the wr450 & yfz450 motors?

Im asking cause i need a few parts for my 2003 wr450, wondering if the left hand crankcase cover (stator side) is the same as well as the 04 starter damper assembly and starter.. i found some good used yfz450 parts for dirt cheap.. 

nevermind,  please delete this topic

Edited by nutjob

I'm also wondering the same thing. Did you ever figure out if the parts were compatible?

WR's use a different crank, stator, and cover.

To change one you must change them all.

4 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

I have an 09 wr450f. I need the damper assembly and it's so expensive! But I found a bunch on eBay for a yfz450 for real cheap. So your saying it won't fit? 

5 hours ago, Krannie McKranface said:

Remember he's talking about the four wheeler electric start YFZ. 

Check part numbers for a exact fit. 

2 minutes ago, stevethe said:

Remember he's talking about the four wheeler electric start YFZ. 

Check part numbers for a exact fit. 

Part number for the yfz450 is 5TG-15560-00-00 and the part number for the wr450 is 5TJ-15560-00-00

1 minute ago, Woodsrippa24 said:

Part number for the yfz450 is 5TG-15560-00-00 and the part number for the wr450 is 5TJ-15560-00-00

I don't know part numbers well enough to know what that means. You could pm greyracer maybe he knows. 

I know the starter motor is different enough that it will not work on the WR.   I can't remember if the splines are the same or

different but if they are different that could account for the different damper in the quad versus the WR.

If I had to make a bet I would bet on it not working...   look for one from a WR

If you need new OEM parts, Partzilla is the cheapest for OEM that I have found.