Sign in to follow this  

Florida Dirtbiker and ATV A-holes on I-95 in Miami

Just caught a smiggin of the story and saw some live helo coverage last night. Looks the a-holes up in Baltimore have some a-holes down here as competition (for who can be the stupidest).

Anybody got an update?

Don

You mean those? I find it fascinating that the police is not able to get a handle on that but then I learned last year how motivated cops are when my bike was stolen in Goldsboro NC.  👎

You mean those? I find it fascinating that the police is not able to get a handle on that but then I learned last year how motivated cops are when my bike was stolen in Goldsboro NC. 👎

got stolen at Busco? Ours got stolen at a hotel there

If only they could tarnish some other hobbies reputation...You know like those damn knitters! Always trying to keep people warm...maybe I like being cold!!!

• Like 2

got stolen at Busco? Ours got stolen at a hotel there

Exactly, mine was taken in the night at the Best Western hotel after we rode Busco last Nov. What really gets me, I got contacted 2 days later on facebook by some scumbag with a picture of my bike saying it was offered to him but refusing to give any further details because supposedly his cousins are involved.

Giving all that info with pictures and screenshots of the chat to the police in Goldsboro they wouldn't even bother to investigate. Explaining to me: my best chance would be if they stop someone by accident who had my bike with him.

Did you look afterwards what a town Goldsboro is? Just Google crime raking... 2 out of 100 (100 being the best) in the US or your chance to become a victim of property crime 1 out of 16. I'll be looking at those things in the future before I travel. Into Goldsboro I went completely blindfolded.

Writing speeding tickets brings more revenue... than recovering stolen bikes or even bother trying to catch those riding illegal on highways with dirtbikes and atvs.

Good luck in the future to you!

Exactly, mine was taken in the night at the Best Western hotel after we rode Busco last Nov. What really gets me, I got contacted 2 days later on facebook by some scumbag with a picture of my bike saying it was offered to him but refusing to give any further details because supposedly his cousins are involved.

Giving all that info with pictures and screenshots of the chat to the police in Goldsboro they wouldn't even bother to investigate. Explaining to me: my best chance would be if they stop someone by accident who had my bike with him.

Did you look afterwards what a town Goldsboro is? Just Google crime raking... 2 out of 100 (100 being the best) in the US or your chance to become a victim of property crime 1 out of 16. I'll be looking at those things in the future before I travel. Into Goldsboro I went completely blindfolded.

Writing speeding tickets brings more revenue... than recovering stolen bikes or even bother trying to catch those riding illegal on highways with dirtbikes and atvs.

Good luck in the future to you!

they have HUGE off road vehicle theft there due to busco. Ours got stolen at the same hotel I think. We actually had chain and cable securing 4 bikes. And we backed our trailer to a semi. ours also got stolen in november, two years ago. 2 brand new bikes.... we have been back twice since. We camped there for a week, the next time we stayed at the same hotel, they told us we could park our stuff under the cover in the front over night. We elected not to at first but then caught some thugs driving by multiple times eyeing our shit, one even came and inspected the trailer. Needless to say we parked under the cover. Next time I go, im just sitting in the back of my truck with a shotgun and burning their bodies afterward.
  • Like 1

they have HUGE off road vehicle theft there due to busco. Ours got stolen at the same hotel I think. We actually had chain and cable securing 4 bikes. And we backed our trailer to a semi. ours also got stolen in november, two years ago. 2 brand new bikes.... we have been back twice since. We camped there for a week, the next time we stayed at the same hotel, they told us we could park our stuff under the cover in the front over night. We elected not to at first but then caught some thugs driving by multiple times eyeing our shit, one even came and inspected the trailer. Needless to say we parked under the cover. Next time I go, im just sitting in the back of my truck with a shotgun and burning their bodies afterward.

You got nerves!! I would not have left my gear a second time in the parking lot. Who knows if its true, the receptionist told my buddy that she was dating the guy who runs the biggest local chop shop... those scumbags know exactly what they can get away with!!

For me that was my last over night stay in Goldsboro. If those thieves want it there is a way they get it of your trailer - or take the complete trailer. I would guess inside Busco it should be fairly safe but then we didn't like it that much with the dirtbikes that we would feel to go back there too often.

BB,

geez more video's. Surely the LEO's know what is going on, they just have no clue how to stop it (I could surely provide that advice, heck pick em off with the bean bag or rubber bullet gun like shooting the ducks in a carnival). And geez, if those video's exist, that is evidence for the case (faces are clearly recognizable, start with a few and lock em up).

XR-Det,

I usually wait till later at night and take my bike inside the hotel rm (i'm curtious as I bring a couple towels with me just in case any fluid leaks). And if I leave my bike in truck, I put soooooo many locks, chains, etc. (I chain things up to it like my ramp, gas tank, stand,, etc.) on my bike it looks like a christmas tree (I hope they will get tired of all the shit attached to it, they would just go somewhere else)

Artic Pride,

yeah, like Florida needs any more help with a reputation in the national spotlight

Don 👍

BB,

geez more video's. Surely the LEO's know what is going on, they just have no clue how to stop it (I could surely provide that advice, heck pick em off with the bean bag or rubber bullet gun like shooting the ducks in a carnival). And geez, if those video's exist, that is evidence for the case (faces are clearly recognizable, start with a few and lock em up).

XR-Det,

I usually wait till later at night and take my bike inside the hotel rm (i'm curtious as I bring a couple towels with me just in case any fluid leaks). And if I leave my bike in truck, I put soooooo many locks, chains, etc. (I chain things up to it like my ramp, gas tank, stand,, etc.) on my bike it looks like a christmas tree (I hope they will get tired of all the shit attached to it, they would just go somewhere else)

Artic Pride,

yeah, like Florida needs any more help with a reputation in the national spotlight

Don 👍

You absolutely right, they should take a couple of those videos and start prosecuting a couple cases but sitting there doing nothing is the wrong signal to those scumbags. Next time you have double as many riding because nothing happens anyway...

I've heard that roll in the room thing - I didn't try that yet because my room was on the second floor but definitely something I will consider. I had it all locked with the thickest cable I could find at home depot. I thought at that time my cable was thick enough. Looking at my tailgate scratches it took those retards a while to get it cut. I wouldn't be surprised if my bike rides around in Miami now as they say those dudes where coming from all the way up the east coast...

Edited by XR-Det

I've only had to stay overnight a few times with my bike. Each time I make sure to stay in a hotel that has outside doors to the rooms and I request a bottom floor room. If I left my bike outside I would almost expect it to get stolen. Just make sure your bike is clean (for the most part...it is a dirt bike after all) before rolling it inside.

XR-Det,

I have 2 chain cables (like 8' long) that I snake all over thru the bike and attach ramp and shit to bike with, then I have like 4-6 locks (various sizes/styles - bike clamp, etc.) that I put around the bike to imobize it (I figure if there gonna take it there gonna have to carry it and all the chit (ramp and stuff) that i've attached to it!!). I hate getting up in the am and having to undo all that chit but it is nice to see the xmas tree bike in the am!!!!!

T707,

Yep, ya gotta be respectful so the maid doesn't freak out🤣 🤣

As for the A-hole chit, they gotta know where they start from on the warehouse street or whereever and you close in on that tightly with vehicles and ain't nobody riding out of there (they are packed so tight) and then you catch em running with the LEOD's (dogs) or taser their asses if they run.

Don 👍

Edited by DonO