Fla boy possibly moving to Colorado

Enough of the sugar sand whoops!! I Need some recommendations on potential locations to live. Location is pretty flexible and I would love to have easy access to trails, I'll drive to the MX tracks no problem. My territory would be Denver and north, a little south would not be that big of an issue but keep in mind when I say easy I mean open my garage door easy!!

Plated bike, ride from your door.

I could do that in florida on an enduro i guess, which I do eventually plan to purchase out there. Here's the deal, I live so far away from riding areas down here that it's important for me to be in close proximity to a trailhead of some sort. The reason I say open my door close is because I'd really like easy access for short runs on a mx bike too.

Not looking for an address just a general area to start looking.  

I could do that in florida on an enduro i guess, which I do eventually plan to purchase out there. Here's the deal, I live so far away from riding areas down here that it's important for me to be in close proximity to a trailhead of some sort. The reason I say open my door close is because I'd really like easy access for short runs on a mx bike too.

Not looking for an address just a general area to start looking.  

Check the Where to Ride tool right here on ThumperTalk.  It is loaded with a good amount of ridding spots and should help you narrow things down a bit.  I used it when I moved out here a couple months back.

Check the Where to Ride tool right here on ThumperTalk.  It is loaded with a good amount of ridding spots and should help you narrow things down a bit.  I used it when I moved out here a couple months back.

Just when I thought I knew my way around this TT thing, Ok will check that out. 

If you are looking for open your garage and ride you need to look at states like nevada and arizona. I moved to CO from Nevada 4years ago and the places to ride dont even compare, maybe i just dont know where to go yet.   MY OPINION!! so please dont beat me too bad. I feel CO has too much private property(farms) up north, might be different down south. but between private and forest up north there isnt much compared to southern nevada. overall I love CO so much more than NV but the riding aspect I feel NV blows northern CO away

• 2 weeks later...

What part of town are you moving to?

Broomfield until my home sells in Florida, then I'll be looking for something permanent. I need to be somewhere in the Denver area within 20-30 miles in any direction is fine with me. I'm a little stressed about not being able to bring all my shop stuff with me until I find a permanent residence, I like to stay on top of my maintenance.

You will have to get used to blue groove riding. Sometimes it is like riding super moto...lol.

Believe it or not I prefer hard pack, I usually travel to North Georgia to ride those conditions a few times per year just to get the hell out of the sand for a bit.

Broomfield until my home sells in Florida, then I'll be looking for something permanent. I need to be somewhere in the Denver area within 20-30 miles in any direction is fine with me. I'm a little stressed about not being able to bring all my shop stuff with me until I find a permanent residence, I like to stay on top of my maintenance.

I'm in the Westminster/Bloomfield area, let me know if you need anything.  I'm stuck in an apartment complex but do have my own attached garage with all my tools.  I am about 20 minutes north of Denver and 25 minutes south of Valley Dirt Riders in Berthoud, really a perfect spot IMO.  I have gotten a lot of ridding in the last few week with this awesome streak of warm weather.

I'm in the Westminster/Bloomfield area, let me know if you need anything.  I'm stuck in an apartment complex but do have my own attached garage with all my tools.  I am about 20 minutes north of Denver and 25 minutes south of Valley Dirt Riders in Berthoud, really a perfect spot IMO.  I have gotten a lot of ridding in the last few week with this awesome streak of warm weather.

I appreciate it and will take you up on that, it will be a huge help during the transition. I actually checked out that Berthoud while is there over new years, if it's the place that you exit the highway take the access road back under the highway it looks like fun and I was actually thinking of making that my first track ride.

Yep^^^ a good place to spin laps and such. Look me up to Rooster, always willing to ride. Nice offer by MotoX178 too! I am only an hour away from Berthoud, so if you need something and I can help, don't be shy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also in Westminster/Broomfield, and if you need space/tools I probably have what you might need.

Thanks a lot to you and all the others willing to help out, that's what I love about this community and sport! I'm definitely going to be misplaced for a little while, at least until I sell my home in Florida and bring all my stuff and family out. I'll save all my converting bike concerns over a cold beer, I'll buy!
  • Like 1