Will Gas Gas go Bye Bye?

So they'll now be called Torrot? With the history listed in the URL it shows it was French at some point. This makes Torrot then sound like Toro. Confuse the consumer and say that GasGas is now Toro - a Japanese company. :busted:

idk  .. I'd just keep calling it Gasgas. That makes the most sense.

Torrot spelled backwards is Torrot  :lol:

Edited by KX02

KX02, on 29 Nov 2015 - 07:44 AM, said:

Torrot spelled backwards is Torrot  :lol:

Good one, almost as good as sagsag! Edited by chopper61

Whatever they call it they better have a great marketing team. And distributors. And dealers. And initial quality when the customer gets a bike in his hands. Any hiccups now will be tough to overcome.

Whatever they call it they better have a great marketing team. And distributors. And dealers. And initial quality when the customer gets a bike in his hands. Any hiccups now will be tough to overcome.

From what i read it seems there was a deadline so to keep the dealer network...idk have to read again. It's in the links.

Ok..time for a 175cc competition 2 stroke! Sure they would sell like hotcakes!

Ok you are flashing back in time.. say around 1975?

also bring back 0-100 class.. 126-200 too..

To who?

From what i read it seems there was a deadline so to keep the dealer network...idk have to read again. It's in the links.

This was a "lost in translation" misunderstanding....

They wanted to have deal done by the time the motorcycle show happened in Milan - so they could communicate deal at show, etc.      This happened....

jeff

To who?

You know... it could in a certain situation. What was common in the 70's was the 175 enduro top end going on a 125 yz motor and chassis. That bike was super light..handled well, had good power and was what a bunch of hardcore guys made for trail at the time. My Dad made one...a few actually...at about 1975 and that bike was great. Air cooled days and that bike was way under 200 lbs..more like 190. For the guys that are maniacs for light bikes it would be cool in an upgraded form.. but these days a 200 is popular.. still the 200's are not light like the 125's were and a 144 or 150 just would be better with more cc's and keep on the lighter side... for the guys that are way into the super light category.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

To who?

I only know a couple of guys that ride 200's. After riding a few 300's, both of the them are planning to switch to something larger. The 250/300's just have a wider powerband with more power everywhere. I think 175 would even be worse.

I only know a couple of guys that ride 200's. After riding a few 300's, both of the them are planning to switch to something larger. The 250/300's just have a wider powerband with more power everywhere. I think 175 would even be worse.

That's the larger picture and I agree. So what if the bike is 20 or 30 lbs heavier ...a 300 rr just is a do it all bike and estart. But there are those that just like a super light bike. .. It's the guys that buy ktm 150's and set up for trail. Not my best choice but to each their own. Current 200's aren't that light either..but still great bikes.

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

My thought goes back to the kdx,It,can am,pe175 days back in the early 80's

Over the years I have to believe that the ktm 200 has to be one of the best selling offroad bikes..if gasgas can bring a 175 that's lighter than the 200,and technology to a superior motor..I think they would sell..but what I think doesn't really matter..Will say that it's nice to see the brand stay alive,and with plans to improve there enduro line up for my2017:)

A 175 on a showroom floor full of 200's will be nothing more than a dust covered conversation piece. Just human nature. 

A 175 on a showroom floor full of 200's will be nothing more than a dust covered conversation piece. Just human nature. 

Well the only 200 left is the KTM and I think its going away. The new 125/150 engine cannot be made into a 200, not even a 175 from what I have been told. The new 250/300 that is coming will weight less than the current 200.

Depends where you live and what you ride. I'd agree if the riding includes lots of hill climbing or open trail, but in the real tight stuff having a light, flickable bike that doesn't lunge at every tree is a big bonus. 

A big bonus to the tiny pct of riders who would buy one and ride in those conditions.  But the majority of today's riders don't want anything to do with tight, technical, gnarly stuff. That is why traditional enduros died and were replaced with the current check to check HS format using more open terrain.