Sign in to follow this  

Washington What battery are you running in your KTM 450/530?

Did not even have to charge it. Put it in hit the button and it fired right up. This bike has not been riden in a few years and that is all my fault too.

Too bad turntech went out. Mine was strong, crazy light, and reliable all for fairly cheap. Holding the stock against the turntech was eye opening how different the weight was.

Too bad turntech went out. Mine was strong, crazy light, and reliable all for fairly cheap. Holding the stock against the turntech was eye opening how different the weight was.

My turntech is over 5 years old and still cranks the 530, well after the bikes warmed up anyway.

My turntech is over 5 years old and still cranks the 530, well after the bikes warmed up anyway.

I meant the company, not the battery.  Mine was running great but it was only a year old or so.

My stocker was still alive in my 450, but then I got into snowbiking. Built a 540 through DJH, drug her out in the cold, at high elevation, and had to kick and kick. The stocker worked as a restarter only. Replaced with a YTZ7S, fit perfect, haven't kickstarted in 8 months

• Like 1

The YTZ7S is a great battery to run in the 450-530 size dual sport bikes. It is heavy though. The Lithium options are much lighter but take more baby siting and charging system tweaks to get a long life.

Western Power Sports has an AGM battery, "CTZ7S" in their line-up that is a little cheaper that the Yuasa YTZ7S that seems to hold up pretty well.