jmd426

twisted engineering &%$#@!

Has any one ever been able to get these clowns on the phone or e mail? Ive been trying to get ahold of them for over a week no return e mail no call back does any one know what is up with them? Ive read other people have had this problem before, are they getting to big for there britches and just don't care or what?

Has any one ever been able to get these clowns on the phone or e mail? Ive been trying to get ahold of them for over a week no return e mail no call back does any one know what is up with them? Ive read other people have had this problem before, are they getting to big for there britches and just don't care or what?

Relax. No need to get all twisted, they are probably out doing some engineering. :devil:

Edited by widebear
  • Like 4

Yeah im not to sure about the carbon bar thing either  but if they will hold up i think they would be great thats y i wanted to talk to them . O well I guess.   Seems like some companys these days just want you to click the buy it now button and don't want to deal with customer service end of things. Being able to talk to some one on the phone or a the very least e-mail is a most for me! Seem strange to me with all the cell phone tech theses days (E-mail on the phone) They could atleast drop alittle line.  I also realize things get busy but customer service has to be part of a good company   They are by no means the only place to suffer badly from this.

• Like 2

I find their product cool as well, and was willing to dig a little deeper also, but they are not known for their warm and fuzzy customer service attitude. Most people say just the opposite. They never answered my emails either.

IMHO, they are just the kind of company that if you like their stuff pay/wait/enjoy, case closed...... Want to return it, ha ha......

Cool product though!

• Like 2

Carbon is not suited for twisting, impacts or distortion, it is designed for exactly the opposite of those stresses, rigidity.

Some studying is advised before falling into the marketing push here. 

I put in an email to see if I can help you. I know the owner over there.... I'm sure they care, but I know they have a tough time keeping up from time to time. Small company still.

• Like 2

Hi Guys, this is Doug Cain from Twisted Engineering. I'm sorry if there has been an issue getting in touch with us. I usually handle most of the customer service and I don't know of any unanswered phone messages or emails. When you tried to get through (jmd426) did you leave a message? Our phones are always busy and you may just keep getting put into our answering system. Sometimes it may take a day or so for me to get back, but I always respond to messages that I'm aware of. Try again and if you don't get through please leave a message. Or just send me an email to info@twistedengineering.com with your contact info and I will definitely call you back.

A quick response to the issue about Carbon Fiber. I know our handlebars keep getting referred to a Carbon Fiber bars, however the reality is that Carbon Fiber only makes up a small portion of the construction of the bars. There are a lot of materials used in the manufacturing of our bars, that's why we refer to them as composite. Carbon Fiber is only used to accomplish a particular characteristic of the bars. Hopefully that sheds a little light on the Carbon Fiber issue. If anyone has any more questions regarding this please post them or get in touch with me directly. I will be happy to talk to you about them.

• Like 6

Hi Guys, this is Doug Cain from Twisted Engineering. I'm sorry if there has been an issue getting in touch with us. I usually handle most of the customer service and I don't know of any unanswered phone messages or emails. When you tried to get through (jmd426) did you leave a message? Our phones are always busy and you may just keep getting put into our answering system. Sometimes it may take a day or so for me to get back, but I always respond to messages that I'm aware of. Try again and if you don't get through please leave a message. Or just send me an email to info@twistedengineering.com with your contact info and I will definitely call you back.

A quick response to the issue about Carbon Fiber. I know our handlebars keep getting referred to a Carbon Fiber bars, however the reality is that Carbon Fiber only makes up a small portion of the construction of the bars. There are a lot of materials used in the manufacturing of our bars, that's why we refer to them as composite. Carbon Fiber is only used to accomplish a particular characteristic of the bars. Hopefully that sheds a little light on the Carbon Fiber issue. If anyone has any more questions regarding this please post them or get in touch with me directly. I will be happy to talk to you about them.

Your correct, they are referred to as CF bars, and like most, I ASSumed they were as CF is such a big push in our sport.

I didnt take the time to go to your site and educate myself! Thanks for coming here and shedding light on that. 

Flexx bars ...

I don't get the issue people have with the weight of Flexxbars. How many are that fast that they can feel the weight and be hindered by it? I ride my bike back to back with my buddy's bikes with standard bars and all I notice is less abuse. I even put the stiff elastomers in because I don't like perceived movement, just want the sting taken out on the big/sharp hits.

• Like 1

Flexx bars ... 

I don't get the issue people have with the weight of Flexxbars. How many are that fast that they can feel the weight and be hindered by it? I ride my bike back to back with my buddy's bikes with standard bars and all I notice is less abuse. I even put the stiff elastomers in because I don't like perceived movement, just want the sting taken out on the big/sharp hits.

The Flexx bars have been a huge help for me and my bad wrist. I run them on all my bikes. I have no problem at all with the weight penalty.

• Like 1

I've had them a couple of years now. Bought them for my orange bike and moved them over to my Beta. Absolutely love em. What sold me on them vs flexx bars is that they can flex in all directions depending on the impact. where flexx bars only flex 2 dimentional. The down side is their hand guards. You have to use their handguards because they clamp around the bar instead of having bar end inserts. The design that allows them to pivot and flex also allows them to bend easily on a fall. I can attest to how strong they are. I'm a wantabe good rider. meaning, I want to be a good rider, but not. So I crash a lot.

Edited by randysoo
  • Like 4

I'm glad you had a good experience.  Many others have had the same problem as i did i hope there customer service gets better i have no  doubt there bars are awesome.

I've had a set of bars for a while now, two seasons I think, and I am super impressed and happy with them. Also all the people scared of them shattering or breaking I feel like do not have any real experience with these bars ( note they are Not strictly carbon fiber which people always compare them too) they are strong and hold up well. I have always been able to get ahold of someone there and had great customer service. One time was a little hard to get someone on the phone but not bad and I understand as I am heavily involved in a small business as well. Overall very happy with the bars and the service. The hand guards? Not as much but they are ok.