jmd426

twisted engineering &%$#@!

I'm glad you had a good experience.  Many others have had the same problem as i did i hope there customer service gets better i have no  doubt there bars are awesome.

If I remember correctly. I ordered mine online and it did take a while to get them. I think it was 5 weeks. They're worth the wait. And what the heck, you can still ride. You don't miss what you've never had.

Edited by randysoo
  • Like 2

Are these bars heavier or lighter than a comparable set of aluminum fatbars?

They are comparable in weight to a set of twinwalls, give or take a few grams. Provided you are comparing bend for bend. Taller bars have more mass to them than the lower bends.

• Like 2

I too can't seem to get any response. I ordered mine back in June and have not heard anything. Guess I will have to call every day and fill there voice mail up.

Not sure of their current status, they never seemed to grow beyond their direct sale garage company level, I think they tried to sell the company?

The product and reviews have always been great, I just don't think they could ever keep up with the production process fast enough.

I want a set myself.

• Like 1

Last I heard was that the company was in the process of being sold. Hopefully to a larger company with more resources. but who knows. They now offer bars with x4 flex. I'll def order a set when/if they resume production.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, randysoo said:

Last I heard was that the company was in the process of being sold. Hopefully to a larger company with more resources. but who knows. They now offer bars with x4 flex. I'll def order a set when/if they resume production.

You know.....maybe the lack of service and comm's is a warning? I like the concept of these bars but numerous stories of snapped bars (supposedly the 1 st batch) and the very specific handguard requirements would make me think several times before dropping the amount of cash on these.

In the same vein of controlling arm pump and carpal tunnel and joint pains why not look into the XC Gear Mako system. It uses elastomers to isolate the bars in all planes and uses your stock bars. I've even seen some guys using Fasstco Flexx bars on them for total overkill. XC Gear looks like a very well designed and tested system worth spending some dollars on for a similar result.

• Like 2

You know.....maybe the lack of service and comm's is a warning? I like the concept of these bars but numerous stories of snapped bars

I've heard that too. 3 weeks ago I did a Nevada desert ride. 4th gear wide open and wadded. I got knocked out, cracked my helmet, broke a rib. I got pretty F'd up. The bars were fine. Doing cartwheels at 45mph didn't break em. Like I said, if and when they resume production I will order another set for my new beta

Edited by randysoo
  • Like 1

sorry. fixed it. As well as many other hard get offs. They did not break. The hand guards on the other hand are a pain in the ass. The clamp end around the handlebars has come off a few times

Edited by randysoo

1 minute ago, quickoldfart said:

So should I report them to the BBB if I can't get a hold of anyone. So I can get my money back or a set of handle bars?

BBB is only valuable if they are a BBB member that cares about their rating. Your CC company or paypal is far more effective.

• Like 1

I heard today that the one of the owners bought out the other one and I’m not sure the reason if it was a falling out or not. But apparently that was the reason they stopped producing bars for a while but are back in production and going right now. But not taking any new orders until they can try to get their back order mess sorted out. Anyways, I’ve had mine since mid 2013 and on 4 different bikes and multiple crashes and would buy them again. The hand guard thing kinda sucks though I wish there was a better option for full wraps.

• Like 1

I have 3 sets of the Twisted Engineering bars and have been happy except for the last set I bought for my Beta trials bike these cracked near where the brake attaches.  This was not due to crash damage!  This was not just surface cracks in the outer coating, the inner weave is weakened and over-flexing this caused me to go over the bars in my last competion. Since then I have left numerous messages with Twisted Engineering over a several week period and have not recieved a call back.  Their customer service is NON EXISTENT, if you try to contact them by email that does not work either. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF DEALING WITH! DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

FWIW- I went to their FB site which usually companies update frequently as fixing a website can be a time consuming mess. FB is simple.

They haven't updated their FB page since July 2017. That says to me they are not a functioning organization or not to business savvy.

• Like 1