Anybody got a good use for old MC chains

I've cut one down and turned it into a front sprocket holding tool, for use when I've already removed the chain and/or rear wheel and feel the needs to undo that sprocket bolt.

Also how about as a security chain - link a few together and put a rubber sleeve over them (or length of hose pipe) - you have bike lock chain of sorts.

• Like 4

I give all my old chains to a buddy who makes metal art. The chains are great for making dragons snakes robots etc. Its an interesting hobby.

I have a friend here in Phoenix that also makes metal art.  More of a hobby for him I think.  He made a tarantula from used saw blades.  I think it's close to 6' around and stands 2' tall.  I'll bet he could come up with something fun with old chains. 

Stack a bunch of small circular sections of chain on top of each other and tac weld them together to make a kicka$$ beer koozy.

or

Same idea but a little different. Start making as small as possible circle and go bigger and bigger putting the them around each other and tac weld it together to make a beverage coaster.

That's all I can think of, as far as functional uses...

Any one thought about making a luggage rack with the old chain? Might be kinda heavy but deffenatly unique and cool.lets see if someone can make one.

I could make one but not with an O-ring chain. You would have to lock the links in position the best way to do that would be to silver solder each link. If you weld the links it would look tacky

Edited by Dr. D