Sign in to follow this  

Clutch problem

Have a 2010 450exc have only ridden it a few times since buying it but have noticed that the clutch seems to be playing up. The bike has just under 4000kms.

When the bike is running with clutch in and u put it in first it creeps forward?

The second thing is when you put it into gear it really crunches or bangs into gear hard?

Have changed the gearbox oil, bled the hydraulic clutch( dealer said might be this) didn't make a difference, decided to pull the clutch out. The fibres look to have plenty on them, checked the steels on a flat surface all look flat, there is some slight marks on clutch basket teeth but they are still smooth. And the two little shims, Have some marks on them but one isn't flat?

Have looked in all topics looking for some info but haven't found much. Thanks will

is the 2010 mineral oil or brake fluid?

Its a good habit just to squeeze your clutch lever multiple times during warm up, gets fresh oil in between the plates and aides with separation, before that first bang into gear. Does your clutch lever feel good?

I have another bike with Hydraulic clutch and I normally start a reservoir fluid replacement , right off the bat when new, keeping fresh fluid in the res keeps the old replentished, but once alittle sludge develops, that could be the issue, did you reverse bleed clutch . there's so little fluid in that ktm clutch for margin of error, atleast on mine. How bad did the fluid look when you changed it?

It says dot 4 brake fluid so I used it, the clutch lever feels good. The fluid didn't look too bad, I used a brake fluid sucker and just sucked it through about half a bottle. Was just concerned as it really banged into gear.