I have decided to join this thread by saying that the Bridgestone m603 & m604 is fantastic in intermediate to hard surface. Only Brand I'll buy. The x40 is fantastic also. I only run the x40 on race days. Iv only got 4 motos on them though

Wish the "X series" tires weren't so darn expensive... I really like the x30 because our soil is very soft/loamy on race day. During the week at practices the track gets pretty darn hard packed so I am constantly changing tires. I have a new rear waiting to be mounted as soon as this 404 is worn out though. I have been thinking the same as you. Going with the x30 exclusively on race day. Ill use whatever I can get cheap for practice days and play rides. 

How does the x40 do in mud and on rocks? I need to get a hardpack tire for my time in the sticks The trails in my area are usually like concrete because the quads blow all the soft stuff off the top. I've destroyed too many good tires riding in that stuff. Thank goodness I don't have to worry about that on the track. 

• Like 1

Ive ran just about every major brand out there from pirrelli extra x's , bridgestones, dunlops mx 32's 51's 11's and they were all good to me, but by far my favorite has been the michelin starcross line.. made my zook feel like a rocket ship on rails in corners.. the only thing I hate about em is the installation is a motha f'er ..

1423201493193.jpg

Ive ran just about every major brand out there from pirrelli extra x's , bridgestones, dunlops mx 32's 51's 11's and they were all good to me, but by far my favorite has been the michelin starcross line.. made my zook feel like a rocket ship on rails in corners.. the only thing I hate about em is the installation is a motha f'er ..

What type of riding do you do?

I have a fast friend who really liked the starcross front... But I didn't take much stock because he only puts new tires on every 6 years so of course a new tire is the bees knees....

What type of riding do you do?

I have a fast friend who really liked the starcross front... But I didn't take much stock because he only puts new tires on every 6 years so of course a new tire is the bees knees....

Just play riding maybe once in a while down the track for a practice day my terrain is all types hard soft loamy dirt I have a track I made at my house has just about all types of terrain.

How does the x40 do in mud and on rocks? I need to get a hardpack tire for my time in the sticks.

Bdubb, the x40 self cleans so that a plus. The x40 works so good in MX loam. But, in the morning practice when Its really yucky, dude the front pushes out. I hate the a.m. practice. So the x40 may or may not be what your looking for. But how muddy is muddy, right? Also, chunking hasn't been an issue yet. But I do notice that the side knobs have the tiniest crack lines in them. So chunking may happen sooner then later

Edited by slowgs2001

Does anyone recommend mx 32s front and back or 32 front 52 rear is what I'm leaning towards.

Go with the 31 or 32 front and 52 rear. Very, very good combo. A 32 rear will wear on you super fast since you do hit some hard pack. It doesn't handle anything much firmer than loam very well in terms of wear.

How does the x40 do in mud and on rocks? I need to get a hardpack tire for my time in the sticks.

Bdubb, the x40 self cleans so that a plus. The x40 works so good in MX loam. But, in the morning practice when Its really yucky, dude the front pushes out. I hate the a.m. practice. So the x40 may or may not be what your looking for. But how muddy is muddy, right? Also, chunking hasn't been an issue yet. But I do notice that the side knobs have the tiniest crack lines in them. So chunking may happen sooner then later

THANKS!!!

I've ran the x30 exclusively so maybe I will stick the 30 front and give the 40 rear a try. Sounds like the combo will be similar to the 31-52.