Are Dunlop mx 32 front and rear better than what comes stock on a 14 yz450f? I believe the stock are mx 51 front and rear I'm ok with the 52 rear I can't stand the front do you guys think the mx 32 will be the hot setup on the front?

I run the 32 on the front and I love it, the 52 on rear and they work for me, except the 52 wore out pretty quick, maybe less than 2 months and I'm just a weekend rider so I maybe got 6-8 rides on it so now Im trying out a Bridgestone m404 on rear and so far it has hooked up longer but i still run the Dunlop 32 up front and it works good. So the 32/52 combo worked great out the box, just didnt last

No one can tell you definitively. What are you using it for? What kind of terrain? Etc etc

Im in hard packed to nice loamy dirt mixed with mulch at my house and on the farm I'm in the tall grass to hard packed dirt to in the woods leafy dirt soft so I guess a little bit of every thing even sand.

I run the 32 on the front and I love it, the 52 on rear and they work for me, except the 52 wore out pretty quick, maybe less than 2 months and I'm just a weekend rider so I maybe got 6-8 rides on it so now Im trying out a Bridgestone m404 on rear and so far it has hooked up longer but i still run the Dunlop 32 up front and it works good. So the 32/52 combo worked great out the box, just didnt last

Have you thought about the 32 for rear?

Ahh, the infamous best tire thread...again! :bonk:

The best tire ever made in the history of the universe is the one that works best for you, your riding style, what kind of bike you ride, where you ride... :blah:

• Like 3

Ahh, the infamous best tire thread...again! :bonk:

The best tire ever made in the history of the universe is the one that works best for you, your riding style, what kind of bike you ride, where you ride... :blah:

I ride at my house it has every bit of terrain possible I also ride trails on the farm next door terrain like a hair scrambles minus the rocks I'm a very aggressive rider. Only problem I'm having is my front tire on my 14 yz450f I was reading on a new tire mx 32 I was wondering if guys run them on front and back or stay with the 52 in rear.

I need an intermediate/hard tire for where I normally ride

What do you use.

I currently run the Bridgestone 403/404's and have previously run the Dunlop MX51's. The Dunlop rear is pretty good, but the front is complete garbage. I'm very pleased with my Bridgestones and will continue to run them. The main track I ride is hardpack, but also frequently visit a few different sand tracks. I have found the medium compound to be a good compromise for the variety of dirt I ride in.

• Like 2

I currently run the Bridgestone 403/404's and have previously run the Dunlop MX51's. The Dunlop rear is pretty good, but the front is complete garbage. I'm very pleased with my Bridgestones and will continue to run them. The main track I ride is hardpack, but also frequently visit a few different sand tracks. I have found the medium compound to be a good compromise for the variety of dirt I ride in.

So you recommend the Bridgestones hm I will keep them in mind thanks.

i run the bridgestone 403/404. really like the front. the rear hooks up good but has just an average life span. i like the maxis it rear tires, traction is pretty good and they last forever but they feel kinda heavy to me

i run the bridgestone 403/404. really like the front. the rear hooks up good but has just an average life span. i like the maxis it rear tires, traction is pretty good and they last forever but they feel kinda heavy to me

You want heavy?  Try the tires I have, Kenda Parker Desert tires, they are 6 ply.  Combined with a heavy duty tube you could probably run over a land mine and not get a flat, though. ;)

• Like 2

So you recommend the Bridgestones hm I will keep them in mind thanks.

I've been using the 403/404 combo for awhile too and they do pretty well in everything I ride on. A hard pack tire would come in handy during the summer at one of the tracks but every other track plows and tills so I go with the intermediate and it still gets better than expected traction on hard stuff than I originally expected. It does wear out pretty fast on hard pack but if you keep it mostly in soft and intermediate it lasts a decent amount of time.

I've also tried the newer Bridgestone battle cross x30 on my 125 front and rear. It feels a little different at first but the rear tire is lasting longer than the 404 I had on it before and that's with about 6 long track days (ripped and watered though) and a couple days ripping through rocky hills on a trail ride with some friends. I like the new front but I've only done one day of riding with it so far but there were no surprises and it felt predictable when cornering.

I like the Bridgestone 403/404. I ride almost only track riding and these cross over well to several types of terrain. They hold up well in my opinion and even when worn they grip ok and are predictable. Overall they are my go to tire.

I run either the mx52 rear with the 31 or 32 front, M403/404, or the x30's. Just depends on what I can get the best deal on at the time. All are good tires IMO. Perform similarly when new and when worn, and all wear well. I have had issues with a few of the Dunlops chunking though. Not so much with the 52 but had horrible issues with the 51. 

My terrain is similar to yours Cas... anything from sand to blue groove (may as well be concrete).

Edited by BDubb106

I have decided to join this thread by saying that the Bridgestone m603 & m604 is fantastic in intermediate to hard surface. Only Brand I'll buy. The x40 is fantastic also. I only run the x40 on race days. Iv only got 4 motos on them though

Edited by slowgs2001
  • Like 1