2015 yz450f rad fan

I have a 2015 yz450f that I am riding almost exclusively in the woods, Including some pretty tight and gnarly low speed stuff. Just wondering if anyone on here has mounted a rad fan on the newer generation yz's. I am mostly curious if the stator has the power to spare to run the fan. Thanks in advance.

Through much researching, yes a fan can be mounted and the stator provides more then enough power, but... No mounting points provided nor a switch or thermostat. It's all on you to make it work...

I am very intrested in this thread. I to enjoy bouncing around through woods untouched hillsides. There comes a point where i know if i had a fan i would flip a switch and turn it on. Im smart enough to mount a fan and switch but thats it. Where do i wire it and what fan to use? On my 07 YZ

Edited by ranam

I have a 2015 yz450f that I am riding almost exclusively in the woods, Including some pretty tight and gnarly low speed stuff. Just wondering if anyone on here has mounted a rad fan on the newer generation yz's. I am mostly curious if the stator has the power to spare to run the fan. Thanks in advance.

We've been running Evans coolant for a few years now. It's different than any other being it's waterless. The ambient boil point is 374*.

I was thinking you can order the parts off a 2015 wr250f fan thermostat wiring harness and bolt it on?

ya order the right side 2015 yz250fx radiator that has the fan mounts on it.  

I've seen some guys get power from their GYTR power tuner port for lights and hand warmers with stock stators. I'm no wiring genius but I'm sure a guy could figure it out. 

I put a cylcops adventure sport LED light bar on my 2011 YZ450 and it came with a wiring harness and switch that I'm pretty sure gets power between the ECU and stator. I tried to see if they sell the harness separate but it doesn't appear they do.

A fan would be a great idea, it would be awesome if bikes without batteries came with an auxiliary power port for accessories like lights and fans.  

Yeah my bike gets hot in the desert on tight tech trails

I'm waiting to see someone do it :lol:

ya order the right side 2015 yz250fx radiator that has the fan mounts on it.  

There's a good idea... The fan would fit, and then all you'd need to do is figure out how get the radiator to fit the bike, and how to make the engine get along with the smaller radiator.  :rolleyes:

There's a good idea... The fan would fit, and then all you'd need to do is figure out how get the radiator to fit the bike, and how to make the engine get along with the smaller radiator. :rolleyes:

It would likely work. The YZ250F and YZ450F use the same radiators. The same left is also used on the new YZ250FX and WR250F. The right on the FX and WR are a new p/n, likely just because of the fan mount.

You never know...

But, for $300, I could make the fan fit.

I've ridden a lot of pretty nasty stuff on my 2011 and haven't had a problem with boiling the coolant. Yes it's boiled but never a problem.

I also rigged up a PC fan and surface mount thermostat for about $25. I had some trouble with the mounting and never got the fan to turn on afterward but I don't feel like I needed it.