Sign in to follow this  

got a blue bike..

Picked up a left over 14 yz250, no rides yet. Coming from a cr250 and a crf450, ergos feel a little strange just sitting on it, and finish of this yz looks like a rough draft compared to honda, ha ha… Well, I guess it only really matters how it works in the dirt.  Still, my mind keeps drifting off to a nice left over cr… better yet, make room in garage for both, one track one woods..there…. all better….

There's pro's and con's to both red and blue, but, I will admit (for me) the CR has a more comfortable saddle.

prepare yourself for some awesome stock suspension. i rode an 08 for years. stuff is great right out of the box.

• Like 1

The YZ is an excellent bike, you'll have to give a post ride review. I've spent a little time on 06+ YZ's, not one set-up for my weight. The suspension and engine really impressed me, the ergos, brakes and steering seemed like a step back from the CR. I could be happy with either bike

Have both at home

Yz engine and suspension is better. "Rough draft" ? Idk. Every bike has something built cheesy on it. The cr is no different.

I much prefer the hondas handling and egos.

• Like 1

There is the option of the 300 kit and the 325 that they debate over in the blue room, maybe a project for later on down the road. Im pretty sure these bars need to move forward, so Ill be ordering some clamps soon.  Looking forward to the sss suspension everyone talks about.  Ill sneak back in here for a ride report soon, unless a cr finds its way home first.

doubt they'd take an even trade for this :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CR/131421035743?_trksid=p2045573.c100034.m2102&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D28797%26meid%3D0a885010f2704693b6f3e13a2980f8ee%26pid%3D100034%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D290940317860

Edited by pieplatesnductape
  • Like 1

That $ is crazy!

My odd gripe about the yz is one I've never heard anywhere else. I have trouble gripping with my knees while standing in corners. On the cr I grab the shrouds and get a good bite. On the yz the tank is the contact point. No flex or edges and is slippery. Needs rubber grip tape but nothing lasts on a tank before pealing.

Try riding a few hours before pushing the bars forward.

Slip a shim trimmed from an oil bottle between the front brake plunger and adjustment bolt. Takes the squish away. Stock has alot of travel before working.

Many swap in a honda master for the same feel.