Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F Battery Relocation, Anyone?

Hlebo's stock mod is hard to beat also. Yes it blows a little oil but it works well. I want to remind readers, tho Hlebo blows some oil. I have not had an issue with it. The oil drops have deminished over time. That said, I do recommend Hlebo. My next shock will be Hogan's.

Edited by The goat

Thanks for the info, I figured maybe that would have been a good investment with a rebuild from Bruce instead of buying the rear shock that he sells, which is what I had intended to do.

Both Bruce and John do a great job with the stock rear shock.  Bruce uses a high-flow after-market piston in his along with a few other useful modifications.  While both are great and far superior to the stock shock neither is as good as the Hagon shock.  The Hagon is a beautiful, high-quality, well-built shock.

Edited by VortecCPI
  • Like 1

Both Bruce and John do a great job with the stock rear shock.  Bruce uses a high-flow after-market piston in his along with a few other useful modifications.  While both are great and far superior to the stock shock neither is as good as the Hagon shock.  The Hagon is a beautiful, high-quality, well-built shock.

I have to agree with the statement about the Hagon. It is a major upgrade over a Hlebo stock shock. I would advise anyone that can afford the Hagon shock to go with the Hagon instead of a rebuild on the stock unit. Sell the stock unit (recoup some money) or keep it, tear it open and play with it. If you only have $200, a rebuild of the stocker will keep most riders safe... for another two years.

• Like 2

Hagon it is!  My forks should be arriving to him tomorrow.  Money is tight right now, BUT, I will make it work.  Buy once, cry once 

You will be blown away by the difference in the forks and Hagon shock.  These modifications will transform your bike.  Better geometry.  More braking.  More traction.  More comfort.  Faster.  Safer.  Like an entirely new bike.

Add to that a great set of tires and you are in for a real treat.  I recommend Bridgestone "Gritty" ED11 up front and IRC "Volcanduro" VE-33 out back.

Please give us a review when you get it back together and go for a ride.

Edited by VortecCPI

My buddy told me to get a GNCC rated tire, mine apparently does not shed mud well.  It is a Pierelli Scorpion XT-x.  I think I will ride this rear for one more season and deal with the suck.  We are going back to Hatfield for another 4 day weekend in March I think, I will let you all know how it goes, I am pretty excited for the upcoming season  :ride: