Pueblo riding is awesome! Meeting tonight.

There will be a lot of manual labor. A parking area will be fenced in, clean up of trash (a bunch of it), marking of trails for riding, sign posting, etc. As I have said, my family and I have been working with the city to try and get the area open to legal riding for 2-1/2 years now.

Ooopps! A slip of the finger on my part! (My wife noticed) It has been1-1/2 years now!

A big thank you goes to all who showed at the Pueblo City Council Chambers to show support for reopening the Honor Farm to OHV riding. A huge thank you to Steve Meier and Jennifer Olivieri-Knox for presenting the proposed plan for the Honor Farm OHV riding to City Council. The consensus is that we received a "thumbs up" from the Council! And Finally, a big THANK YOU! to the Pueblo City Council for listening!!!

• 1 month later...

I'm also curious what the status is. I know you guys are having meetings and such with the city. I also see you have posted videos of you riding out there, but I don't want to drive down there just to get told to pack it in and leave. I got kicked out last year so it ruined our day of riding, and I really enjoyed my time out there in the past so its too bad.

Is it a gray area of riding or what? Should we just park at a more remote spot and no one will bother us? Or are we good to go and go ride some awesome free riding area?

• 2 weeks later...

It is still not open to riding. We are hoping to get it open to legal riding shortly. I will get the info I have been posting on Facebook posted here also. If you don't do Facebook hang on, I will get the info here. Any questions please message me or email pueblooffroadriders@gmail.com Thank you!

It is still not open to riding. We are hoping to get it open to legal riding shortly. I will get the info I have been posting on Facebook posted here also. If you don't do Facebook hang on, I will get the info here. Any questions please message me or email pueblooffroadriders@gmail.com Thank you!

I got facebook, what is the group called that you will be posting to? Same as your email? Love to keep up to date with everything if I can

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I can tell you I went once over Thanksgiving last year and was there again two weeks ago.  Either all the fences and signs were taken down and stolen or this place is open to a free for all.  It was back to normal... the way I rode it 10 years ago.  Free of charge, everything open, no closed signs, no fences.  From HWY50  All the way out to liberty point was open.  Hope it was supposed to be this way and I wasn't riding dirty...  lots of other people out there too, so I assume it's all good.  Anyone confirm this?

• Like 1

I can tell you I went once over Thanksgiving last year and was there again two weeks ago.  Either all the fences and signs were taken down and stolen or this place is open to a free for all.  It was back to normal... the way I rode it 10 years ago.  Free of charge, everything open, no closed signs, no fences.  From HWY50  All the way out to liberty point was open.  Hope it was supposed to be this way and I wasn't riding dirty...  lots of other people out there too, so I assume it's all good.  Anyone confirm this?

SO I said that...  Then somebody commented on my youtube video that it's still illegal.  What gives?  Legal or NO?  

We went mtn biking at Pueblo Res on Saturday and stopped by the off-road riding area and I agree with you Brad....looks like its back to kinda how it was. From the highway, we saw just a few riders, but once you drive in, there were quite a few groups...but it wasn't crowded.

When we were there a couple years ago there were signs everywhere...now none (ok...a small one right off the highway that seems aimed at dumping) and as you pointed out, no fences either. Maybe someone in the City of Pueblo realized that getting out riding is better for people than riding the couch or hanging out on the streets getting in trouble. In any event, if it isn't legal to ride there, they sure aren't enforcing it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode last week. No signs posted at the entrance or anywhere else that I noticed, no fencing. It seems to be open. It looks more cleaned up than it was a couple years ago. Hopefully we can keep it clean. There was some heavy equipment working on the southeast corner of the property. I don't want to ride dirty so good info would be nice if anyone has some.