Random pics.

11 hours ago, Backwoods-Bomber said:

Do it.

?

Well, they're nice bikes for sure, but.....................................

The only injected one was the KTM XC-W300, and it had the PDS shock. Sticker shock was pretty severe too. What they were asking for the TE150 is about what I'd be willing to pay for an injected TE250.

Back when the DRZ had a lead/acid battery, S sub, tail and steel rack, I nearly tossed a XC300 out of it's lineup and onto it's handlebars when I lifted it by the rear wheel. Yesterday, the weight difference wasn't nearly as dramatic. The thought of mixing fuel again, coupled with getting the ergos set up with new bars, levers, and possibly pegs*. Of course I would need sump guard, radiator guards, bark busters, etc too.

So, I am richer for the experience, and my Suzuki has come a long way since I last looked at 2t's. ?

Ain't life grand? ?

*(The KTM has footpegs so sharp that you get to the pain threshold pretty quick on the pad of your index finger)

• Like 5

[emoji38]
The only injected one was the KTM XC-W300, and it had the PDS shock. Sticker shock was pretty severe too. What they were asking for the TE150 is about what I'd be willing to pay for an injected TE250.
Back when the DRZ had a lead/acid battery, S sub, tail and steel rack, I nearly tossed a XC300 out of it's lineup and onto it's handlebars when I lifted it by the rear wheel. Yesterday, the weight difference wasn't nearly as dramatic. The thought of mixing fuel again, coupled with getting the ergos set up with new bars, levers, and possibly pegs*. Of course I would need sump guard, radiator guards, bark busters, etc too.
So, I am richer for the experience, and my Suzuki has come a long way since I last looked at 2t's. [emoji106]
Ain't life grand? ?

*(The KTM has footpegs so sharp that you get to the pain threshold pretty quick on the pad of your index finger)

And all the things you just mentioned are the reasons I keep finding myself window shopping the Beta "build your own bike" page. It's crazy how affordable mods become when you get to offset the cost of the oem parts.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Backwoods-Bomber said:

And all the things you just mentioned are the reasons I keep finding myself window shopping the Beta "build your own bike" page. It's crazy how affordable mods become when you get to offset the cost of the oem parts.

I'll have to check that out! I don't mind a carb but hey, Yamaha had oil injection in the 70's. Additionally, I hate to bin a set of Pro Taper handlebars just to put another set on. ?

EDIT: Holy cats Batman!! The 300 Trainer gives me no sticker shock! :D

I just wish that the 2018 had less red and more white, kinda like DD's suggested ride. ?

55 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Or just be a neucense, and ride this.20180114_111513.jpg

noun as·set \ ˈa-ˌset also -sət \ ; Def 1: A small donkey/ Def 2: Internet jackass ?

Edited by Bermudacat
  • Like 2

noun as·set \ ˈa-ˌset also -sət \ ; Def 1: A small donkey/ Def 2: Internet jackass [emoji14]

I keep reading about oil injection being bad. Yet my TS,RV,DT, all had it, and most of my friends bikes back then. Never had an oil injection failure. What we had was kids not checking their oil, failures. Mine had a sight glass, so add fuel look at oil level. I have a harder time with my TW a 4 stroke checking the oil. Basically have to get on the ground to see level. And the DRZ doesn't even have a sight glass.

Plus I really really want an XTrainer.[emoji3]

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Padilen said:

Never had an oil injection failure.

Plus I really really want an XTrainer.emoji3.png

Buddies YC360 had it, another buddies KD175 had it, DT250, and the list goes on!

I was leaning towards the Trainer for lube system a few years ago.

I am no longer in the market for a TE.

• Like 1

[emoji38]
So, I am richer for the experience, and my Suzuki has come a long way since I last looked at 2t's. [emoji106]
Ain't life grand? ?

Easiest bike in history.... to check oil level, that is.... is the DRZ. Hate the wife's EXC-F, on my old, sore, knees with a flashlight. And, of course, the KTM is more critical, with a single liter in the system.

I think your just getting OLD.[emoji38]

20180115_085805_HDR.jpg
Gee, what would they call their electric engines ?
  • Like 2