Sign in to follow this  

CRF250L Modified vs. CRF230R Who Win?

If I stripped a crf250L, modified it with header pipe, exhaust , and remapping. Would it win a uncorked, correct suspended crf230?

And of course how well does it do in the woods up against our 230f?

Edited by The goat

If I stripped a crf250L, modified it with header pipe, exhaust , and remapping. Would it win a uncorked, correct suspended crf230?

And of course how well does it do in the woods up against our 230f?

We can race for pink slips, I could sure use an L

Lol

• Like 1

I haven't been atop an L, but go have a look at their forum and see how their bikes are failing hard before 10,000 miles. That's one year of riding for me. I'll keep my 230!

From 1970's to the 1990's you knew buying a honda was the best quality one could get. Now Yamaha is Ruling Honda on the dirt? WR's are taking Honda's image. If you say XR to anyone who has limited knowledge about off road bikes. They'll point you to a XR.

WHAT's happening to Honda. Can they only make 230's air coolers and below that are good bikes?

I'd love to have a CRF300F or CRF350F. They could give it crap suspension, cork it up, and I'd buy it.

Yamaha is starting to replace Honda?

Edited by The goat

Let's see here...

XR250 - 263 pounds - 20.0 RWHP = 13.2 Pounds/HP

CRF230F - 249 pounds - 17.8 RWHP = 13.9 Pounds/HP

CRF250L - 320 pounds - 20.0 RWHP = 16.0 Pounds/HP

No contest...

To get close to the ratio of the CRF230 or XR250 the CRF250L would need to make 24 RWHP.

An XR250 is pretty evenly matched to a CRF230; slower out of the hole and a bit more on top.

I can't imagine throwing another 57 pounds on top of an XR250.  OINK!!!

Edited by VortecCPI

Let's see here...

XR250 - 263 pounds - 20.0 RWHP = 13.2 Pounds/HP

CRF230F - 249 pounds - 17.8 RWHP = 13.9 Pounds/HP

CRF250L - 320 pounds - 20.0 RWHP = 16.0 Pounds/HP

No contest...

To get close to the ratio of the CRF230 or XR250 the CRF250L would need to make 24 RWHP.

An XR250 is pretty evenly matched to a CRF230; slower out of the hole and a bit more on top.

I can't imagine throwing another 57 pounds on top of an XR250.  OINK!!!

Not a fair comparison: The CRF250L is a street legal dual sport.

Now, compare the 230f and xr250 to a 250X? No comparison there. X is the modern version of the XR250 (Or perhaps better compared to the XR400), and it rocks! (I owned one for over a year and it could hang with some very fast bikes. Great suspension and good bottom end for a 250. With a big bore and cam, whew! I could hand with KTM450s except on open dirt roads and big hills. Spend money on the 250X and you get a world class off road race bike. Spend money on a 230f or xr250, and you get closer to a stock 250x, but  you won't get there in handling or suspension ever. (Had a 230f for my wife, modded it,  great bike! but it is what is it)  

Agree that Yamaha has the crf250l covered in the performance category with the WR, but compare the prices! $2k difference? Much higher seat too counts out lots of new riders and many women.

Edited by tigertiger

You figuratively and literally threw a grenade into the topic...

sorry, just adding  my $.08 (inflation)

:)

• Like 1