Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?

WARider525

On 11/23/2017 at 2:35 PM, vzero said:

Heard there was another Mattawa ride this weekend. If only I wasn’t on the peninsula hanging with family. Hoping one of these days, looks like a great time!

Come to this event and you will get to ride the best of Mattawa with a two time winner of the Mattawa 100 Kevin Bise. Kevin is 61 and has lived at the base of the riding area since he was 8.

Mattawa Flyer-01.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/19/2018 at 7:07 PM, Russ Henry said:

Come to this event and you will get to ride the best of Mattawa with a two time winner of the Mattawa 100 Kevin Bise. Kevin is 61 and has lived at the base of the riding area since he was 8.

Perfect timing. Extended weather report says 45° and partly cloudy.

Taking a 18' trailer with room for at least two more bikes, planning on leaving Lynnwood Friday morning if anyone wants to catch a lift.

20171231_151109.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, divemaster5734 said:

Taking a 18' trailer with room for at least two more bikes, planning on leaving Lynnwood Friday morning if anyone wants to catch a lift.

20171231_151109.jpg

Glad you can make it. It is going to be a fun weekend!

• Like 1

20171231_151109.thumb.jpg.f83bb4e0229e0e0cae645ed6f05797fd.jpg

That trailer setup is Grade A!
I really like that. Nice work.
I'm inspired!
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NitroHvy said:

That trailer setup is Grade A!
I really like that. Nice work.
I'm inspired!

Thanks.

It's around the 6th or 7th evolution floor plan. Soon as it's a little warmer I'm tearing the walls out. Going to get rid of the 3/4" plywood and polyurethane insulation, and replace with better non-flammable insulation, cross beam structural support bars that will also offer more cabinet mounting options, and cover with a waterproof PVC. That will drop 450# off weight.

Have a Harman kardon AVR feeding Bose powered surround sound but going to build it into a front cabinet and install 2nd battery bank.

That way will have the spot open for the folding TV mount.

Designed a charger/converter w/auto transfer switch control system with three inverters that auto stage based on load.

Right now can run the stereo and AC for 2 hours before going to generator, but will triplethat with more efficient system.

The biggest problem is when it's nice out I don't waste a good ride day, so it's taken five years just to get this far.

Not finished with the tongue box yet either, have everything just stuffed in it with a control heater lights and power hitch.

20170924_190213.jpg

20180101_201841.jpg

18 hours ago, Pittbull said:

Inside of your trailer looks very familiar

Was thinking of building shelves and having a swinging door to cover like that.

Is that a folding table or bed?  I just throw a moving blanket and plug in a self powered air mattress that is stowed in one of the cubes.

Took a Ikea shelf unit, added a few doors, left a few walls out, got some drawer inserts, and installed RV type latches on everything. Have built in work table. Took some 1/4" acrylic and made dividers for some of the drawers then hot glued in place. Works great for smaller parts. Took a cheap home depot 3 cube shelf and mounted vertical, then used clear acrylic to make doors. Got the acrylic sheets free from Tap plastic, they have a bin with pieces left over for free.

Was going to go full diamond plate aluminum, but just the raw materials would cost  $15,000, and then I'd need a brake and TIG. Spent the money on a new Husky instead, besides, I just get the dang trailer dirty anyway.

54 minutes ago, vzero said:

What did the groundhog say anyway?

A good 55 miles at Tahuya today, and we only saw 1 group of about 5 people. And my friend hit a deer on his bike. 

Screen_Shot_2018-02-24_at_7_14.30_PM.png

What trails did you hit up? Was thinking about going tomorrow but am not sure yet. Singletrack I presume?

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?
  • NoFiddyPilot pinned this topic