Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?

WARider525

1 hour ago, KaToomTime said:

The title says it all!

Video isn't doing justice to that first hill you go down, then up. I've looked at that and marveled and wondered if it was even possible to go up. 

At 2 minutes and beyond, that trail going up is awesome! That rock everyone is falling on is intense, then those roots just after. I know all of you guys would have cleaned that rock if dry, but that place gets greasy slippery when wet and fall. I've heard it's scientific name...macrobiotic slime.... don't lick those rocks it will make you sick, turn green. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TigerTanker said:

Video isn't doing justice to that first hill you go down, then up. I've looked at that and marveled and wondered if it was even possible to go up. 

At 2 minutes and beyond, that trail going up is awesome! That rock everyone is falling on is intense, then those roots just after. I know all of you guys would have cleaned that rock if dry, but that place gets greasy slippery when wet and fall. I've heard it's scientific name...macrobiotic slime.... don't lick those rocks it will make you sick, turn green. 

My tire (GT 333) was showing me no love, or maybe the other way around. I had zero traction on the rocks, making over rocks that day was all momentum. Could not for the life of me get up BCR, ticked me off. Tire would not hook up at all, and you need some of that rock hook-up to make it up that it is so long.  Worked OK going up Goat and Big Creek over snow covered rocks, but 19 miles of dry, sandy Mattawa finished it off for sure.

20 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

I thought that seemed high, I checked it was 30 hours! I put it on right after that first trip up Domerie with the last used up 333, I forgot about one more tire in there since new. So with that I can say the 333 last for less than 30 hours of engine time for wet rock, though the last one had a good 40 hours + on it.

That seems really low for that tire. I get 30-40 out of the 525, and it still sticks pretty well when worn! But I'm working with a little less HP. Definitely not cost-effective if you're looking to replace it that soon. Go with a gummy!

56 minutes ago, jrodicus100 said:

That seems really low for that tire. I get 30-40 out of the 525, and it still sticks pretty well when worn! But I'm working with a little less HP. Definitely not cost-effective if you're looking to replace it that soon. Go with a gummy!

OK actually 32 hours.  I could ride that tire several more hours on any designated trail at Walker or Green Mt., user built stuff, not so much. It's the steepness. 

• Like 1

OK actually 32 hours.  I could ride that tire several more hours on any designated trail at Walker or Green Mt., user built stuff, not so much. It's the steepness. 

I’ve been hooked on the 525 for a long time now, time to branch out. Just ordered a VE33S, as it seems to get great feedback on traction in the gnar. Also finally pulled the trigger on a spare wheel. Setting that one up with a 140 M5B and soft Nitromousse. Might not use it a ton this winter, but I think it’ll be an awesome setup for long summer mountain rides when it would really suck to get a flat.
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, HHey said:

I’ve been hooked on the 525 for a long time now, time to branch out. Just ordered a VE33S, as it seems to get great feedback on traction in the gnar. Also finally pulled the trigger on a spare wheel. Setting that one up with a 140 M5B and soft Nitromousse. Might not use it a ton this winter, but I think it’ll be an awesome setup for long summer mountain rides when it would really suck to get a flat.

I'll be looking forward to your impressions of the VE33S gummy. 

So far, it has a great combination of hookup and longevity. Haven't had it out in the wet yet as I picked up a 3rd bike 2 weeks ago that I'm playing on in the wet. 

• Like 1

I'll be looking forward to your impressions of the VE33S gummy. 
So far, it has a great combination of hookup and longevity. Haven't had it out in the wet yet as I picked up a 3rd bike 2 weeks ago that I'm playing on in the wet. 

I’ll definitely follow up with a review. One of the guys I rode with Sat had one, kept surprising himself with traction on slippery roots and rocks, and had a hard time keeping the front wheel down. Seems like a good problem to have! Also curious to see how it corners. Can’t remember the last time I rode a 110.
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, HHey said:

You will enjoy having the second wheel . It makes life so much easier.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, bungholio said:
16 hours ago, firffighter said:
This late Fall weather has been amazing! 
Beautiful 40 mile day of Oregon woods riding on the blue bombers 
IMG_20191122_145259155.jpg.14115927baa5e5cf58a0f44b1aedbf80.jpg

Read more  

250fx?

Yes. My cousin picked one up this past spring and we ride a lot together, so I had an opportunity to put some seat time in on his. I fell in love with the bike and kept my eyes peeled for a good used one. Found this '15 with 6 original hrs. 

These bikes are very effective and I can't believe they aren't more popular. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firffighter said:

Yes. My cousin picked one up this past spring and we ride a lot together, so I had an opportunity to put some seat time in on his. I fell in love with the bike and kept my eyes peeled for a good used one. Found this '15 with 6 original hrs. 

These bikes are very effective and I can't believe they aren't more popular. 

Wow, 6 hours that is like getting a new bike!

• Like 2

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?
  • NoFiddyPilot pinned this topic