Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?

WARider525

1 hour ago, HHey said:

Nice! Any word on when the borders might open up? Snow almost melted down here..

It was extended until June 21 and they assess again at that point. From what I hear it could be closed into the fall. Kind of puts a wrench into my riding plans for this summer for sure. Already missed a Utah trip and looks like the Colorado trip will be off as well. Guess I'll be exploring new stuff in BC and maybe Alberta this summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PNW Enduro said:

It was extended until June 21 and they assess again at that point. From what I hear it could be closed into the fall. Kind of puts a wrench into my riding plans for this summer for sure. Already missed a Utah trip and looks like the Colorado trip will be off as well. Guess I'll be exploring new stuff in BC and maybe Alberta this summer. 

Lytton or Hope areas good now?

9 hours ago, PNW Enduro said:

Well crap! Wanted to hit McNutt and Van Island again. Awesome ride with @Husa islander last summer. Guess that’ll have to wait. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wschnitz said:

50005802786_9fd77ff21b_c.jpgUntitled by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
50005802971_a4283b83c2_c.jpgUntitled by William Snitselaar, on Flickr
Great weather in Lake Wenatchee on Saturday, unfortunately Nason Ridge had a big ol log in the middle, I didnt have the Skill, Athleticism, or Chainsaw to get passed it unfortunately. Hats off to the group ahead of me that got over/around it though.

Trail is on my short list. How far up from the trail head is the log? Might be able to get it next weekend.

33 minutes ago, Tye Durden said:

Trail is on my short list. How far up from the trail head is the log? Might be able to get it next weekend.

I was on the second set of switchbacks before the second saddle the lookout is on I believe. So its pretty close to the top. I don't think the other group actually went over it I think they went around it but I couldnt find their tracks.

Trail is really pretty, some of the drop offs are butt puckering but overall pretty chill easy track the whole way up. Watch out for hikers who get mad that you are riding on a trail that allows motorcycles and pedestrians.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wschnitz said:

I was on the second set of switchbacks before the second saddle the lookout is on I believe. So its pretty close to the top. I don't think the other group actually went over it I think they went around it but I couldnt find their tracks.

Trail is really pretty, some of the drop offs are butt puckering but overall pretty chill easy track the whole way up. Watch out for hikers who get mad that you are riding on a trail that allows motorcycles and pedestrians.

OK thanks! I was hoping it would be closer to the bottom! My saw is mondo, so I'd be packing it on my back and was hoping just to zip up not too far and cut it.

12 minutes ago, wschnitz said:

last time I was up there, a big clearcut in the first saddle was a bummer, and the trail was hard to find....I suspect it's more clearly marked now?

Just now, Slackkinhard said:

last time I was up there, a big clearcut in the first saddle was a bummer, and the trail was hard to find....I suspect it's more clearly marked now?

The logging company used the trail as the basis for the clearcut unfortunately, so you have to follow a big wide double track for trucks up the hill till the woods starts again. They added signs to the other routes to show you that it isnt for riding on, when you come into the saddle off the trail you just follow the big truck sized track that goes up the hill further, at the top it turns into single track.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

1 hour ago, wschnitz said:

The logging company used the trail as the basis for the clearcut unfortunately, so you have to follow a big wide double track for trucks up the hill till the woods starts again. They added signs to the other routes to show you that it isnt for riding on, when you come into the saddle off the trail you just follow the big truck sized track that goes up the hill further, at the top it turns into single track.

Important to burn back in the trail through a clear cut otherwise they get lost quickly. 

5 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Important to burn back in the trail through a clear cut otherwise they get lost quickly. 

My D606's did their part, If I wasnt so thrashed id have spent more time up there, there is a natural little jump the washout formed.

• Like 1

Thursday afternoon dual sport ride. Greenwater snowpark to Whistlin Jacks for a burger and back. Over Pyramid to 941 to 946 to 963 to 410 then back the 941 and back over Pyramid. Saw lots of elk, chipmunks, a couple deer and a bobcat. Great day! 72 miles total.

2021 June 11 #2.JPG

2021 June 11 #3.jpg

2021 June 11.jpg

• Like 7

45 minutes ago, smokin529 said:

Thursday afternoon dual sport ride. Greenwater snowpark to Whistlin Jacks for a burger and back. Over Pyramid to 941 to 946 to 963 to 410 then back the 941 and back over Pyramid. Saw lots of elk, chipmunks, a couple deer and a bobcat. Great day! 72 miles total.

2021 June 11 #2.JPG

2021 June 11 #3.jpg

2021 June 11.jpg

Damn, I bet you helped flush Jorge out with the mileage covered. 

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?