Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?

WARider525

On 7/27/2020 at 8:11 PM, Pittbull said:

L M A O no way Jose, you Mericanz are bat sh1t crazy right now. We need that orange boy to build us a wall too. 

Seriously though, this BS has to stop. I really need to go back to Moab too. 

Tell ya what, I'll trade ya Moab for BC, just for a month....

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:30 PM, Pittbull said:

This Husky works amazingly well on this nasty relentless terrain. It takes everything I can throw at it and more. Glad you got into trials, welcome to the dark side  ?

There is nothing like riding trials bikes to wake up your senses and build your confidence. I'll never be a pro trials or enduro rider but I know I can hold my own most anywhere. Hopefully I can keep this up well into my 60s which is not too far off. 

As far as what enduro is best, that's all in what you get used to. I started up here on McNutt on an 06 CRF450R which was a total fail, almost killed myself trying to ride these trails on a big bore MX bike. Sold that and bought a 2014 Husaberg TE300 which I enjoyed immensely for years until I made the switch to this FX350. One of my riding companions came from a KTM 200 2 smoker to a YZ250, then made the switch a couple years ago to a YZ250F. He just called me yesterday to tell me he just bought a brand new 2020 YZ250F. Certainly don't need a big bike up here in the mountains, my FX350 is arguably on the big side but I absolutely love it. 

Amen - I find for the most part here in the PNW, excluding the deserts, hillclimbs are generally limited by traction which is where the smaller bore F's shine....I have 0 issues getting up any of the climbs around here even on my 250f, I think the 350's are perfect, although I've been jonesing to try one of the 300f's, Sherco or TM.

Any issues with the FX boiling over in the slow rocky stuff?

Just now, Pittbull said:

Sadly this isn't possible with the US tearing itself apart right now. Be so nice to have things back the way it was years ago. Who knows what the new normal will be by next year. 

I know.  I do a lot of MTBing too, had a 2 week trip to Whistler planned this year around Crankworks to race the EWS up there, lots of the local guys are happy to have trails to themselves (I would) but a place like Whistler needs those $$ flowing (I'd think) to remain viable moving forward....necessary evil.  Every time I am up there I meet more people from the UK, AUS, EU than CAN it seems....

• Like 1

Just now, Oregon Comrade said:

Amen - I find for the most part here in the PNW, excluding the deserts, hillclimbs are generally limited by traction which is where the smaller bore F's shine....I have 0 issues getting up any of the climbs around here even on my 250f, I think the 350's are perfect, although I've been jonesing to try one of the 300f's, Sherco or TM.

Any issues with the FX boiling over in the slow rocky stuff?

I have the Husky fan kit and Boysen Super Cooler in mine. Its never boiled over but I took measures right from brand new. This isn't my 1st rodeo obviously, I'm not even going to test a bike without proper upgrades on this terrain. Most bikes are only "ok" out of the box. Common sense tells us they all need to be brought to a higher level to battle what we ride. Pro riders might be able to get away with riding a fairly stock bike but IMO they don't punish a bike quite as hard as the rest of us, we spend a lot more time being stuck and fighting the elements, there are of course exceptions to this point. 

12 minutes ago, Oregon Comrade said:

I know.  I do a lot of MTBing too, had a 2 week trip to Whistler planned this year around Crankworks to race the EWS up there, lots of the local guys are happy to have trails to themselves (I would) but a place like Whistler needs those $$ flowing (I'd think) to remain viable moving forward....necessary evil.  Every time I am up there I meet more people from the UK, AUS, EU than CAN it seems....

Whistler is a destination for Aus because we have so much in common. Work permits and travel are super easy between us. The UK and the rest of the EU also play nice. Its China and India that are wreaking havoc here, they are the plague that will destroy this country. They come here in swarms, buy up everything in sight, don't play by our rules, don't respect the land, the people or the laws. They also learn quickly how to exploit our systems and don't pay back into it. But I digress  :( you just got me going about Whistler which has been overrun with them and makes going there a real challenge for those of us who have lived here forever. I haven't been back to Whistler or Squamish for years, there are many more pleasant places to visit. 

Edit:

But I guess this is old news to the people who were here even before us...

crying-indian1_400x400.jpg

Edited by Pittbull
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 1

21 minutes ago, Pittbull said:

Whistler is a destination for Aus because we have so much in common. Work permits and travel are super easy between us. The UK and the rest of the EU also play nice. Its China and India that are wreaking havoc here, they are the plague that will destroy this country. They come here in swarms, buy up everything in sight, don't play by our rules, don't respect the land, the people or the laws. They also learn quickly how to exploit our systems and don't pay back into it. But I digress  :( you just got me going about Whistler which has been overrun with them and makes going there a real challenge for those of us who have lived here forever. I haven't been back to Whistler or Squamish for years, there are many more pleasant places to visit. 

Edit:

Somebody told me at one point like 75% of the apartments sat vacant in Vancouver due to overseas investors.....

I did a big bike race up there last year (BC Bike Race) and got to visit several smaller towns, was blown away....

https://www.bcbikerace.com/the-journey/the-stages/

Cowichan Valley, Cumberland, Powell River, Earls Cove, Sechelt, Langdale....locals were awesome, trails were rad and moto looked great too.  There was a dirtbike support team following the race, had some beers and chatted to those guys for a bit, sounds like many good riding areas on the island as well...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Pittbull said:

Edit:

We have the problem of trying to integrate all these cultures that are historically caste systems. India especially. They dumped all their resources into IT education....they have no intention of becoming 'well rounded' American citizens....heck, what incentive do they have when ya really get down to it?  I don't see any way of stopping it....the dogma is clear

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 10:45 AM, Pittbull said:

Its China and India that are wreaking havoc here, they are the plague that will destroy this country. They come here in swarms, buy up everything in sight, don't play by our rules, don't respect the land, the people or the laws. They also learn quickly how to exploit our systems and don't pay back into it. 

Welcome to the US!   

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/30/2020 at 10:31 AM, Slackkinhard said:

We have the problem of trying to integrate all these cultures that are historically caste systems. India especially. They dumped all their resources into IT education....they have no intention of becoming 'well rounded' American citizens....heck, what incentive do they have when ya really get down to it?  I don't see any way of stopping it....the dogma is clear

I don’t see the downside with hardworking, smart people legally immigrating to the US to participate in the greatest capitalist economy in the world. That’s how our country was built, and I’m not sure what’s more ‘well rounded American’ than that.

Anyway, just my take on it. 2nd & 3rd gen will become more plugged in with the culture. They’ll also start businesses, fuel the economy, and fill critical tech jobs we can’t meet the demand for anyway. 

• Like 7

It is easy to hate on the “other”. Unless you are of Native American ancestry, you too are a son or daughter of an immigrant. Over the 4 centuries of European colonization of the Americas there have been many waves of immigration from different cultures. Each new batch got treated poorly and could only work the dirtiest and most dangerous jobs. Two of my grand uncles died working in the mines and forests of the PNW within the first year of their arrival from Sweden. Safety meant the Boss staying in town counting his money. 

When I came of age our country was involved in a long and bloody conflict with Viet Nam. We were raised to hate these people we had never met. Just 6 weeks ago the son of a Vietnamese immigrant, a cardiologist, saved my life. I am forever grateful and cannot hate the man because of his heritage. Something to consider. 

• Like 6
  • Helpful 1

5 hours ago, Anatoli said:

Unless you are of Native American ancestry...

Going down the rabbit hole..."native Americans" are also immigrants..."Native Americans descend from at least three main migrant waves from East Asia..."
Well the heck with that, some of us are descended from Homo Sapiens and some are descended from Neandertals (when Homo Sapiens went looking for strange).

Edited by guns_equal_freedom

I took my youngest daughter to the local area for the first time. An hour after we got home, she was already wanting to go back. She recently stepped up to her sister’s XR70, and she’s taken to it really well. I took her old TTR50 to ride and regretted it about 5 minutes in. My butt still hurts. 

Hauser (ID) and Newman (WA) lakes are off in the distance. 

Q4iy1Zr.jpg

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

10 minutes ago, norsepeak said:

Fantastic solo ride yesterday. 47mi, 3hrs of just enjoying the scenery and the sound of a perfectly running bike. Hit a lot of good technical stuff, fun.

20200801_135538.jpg

20200801_123713.jpg

Solid solo ride! I started carrying ultra-light hiking sandals in my pack for long solo rides. Just in case.. 

• Like 2

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Picture Thread: Where did you all ride this weekend?