WARider525

Picture Tread! Where did you all ride this weekend?

Got in some track time.

IMG_1938.thumb.jpg.cc5f60ef0f47cfe2a19eabc6aab66bb6.jpg

1331817623_track19(1of1).thumb.jpg.5b3b2b551dbbb567965b92581a75d60a.jpg

IMG_1903.thumb.jpg.a3dc8467caf4f83ca06d49e842718825.jpg

00025XTR_00025_BURST20190721143407.thumb.jpg.86f6d9be9a0c29dfbe0a9fa6b210ac2f.jpg

1132772583_track11(1of1).thumb.jpg.205bdb7f3fc9404efcb249b7420f65a3.jpg

IMG_1861.thumb.JPG.d14ee9237792bed682c80fb29d630d4c.JPG

LOVE IT!! You guys do anything to the suspension on those track bikes? Or just bouncing off the bottom of the shocks?
  • Like 2

LOVE IT!! You guys do anything to the suspension on those track bikes? Or just bouncing off the bottom of the shocks?

We doubled the recommended air pressure to try to keep ground clearance at a solid 3in when we were on the WABDR. Forgot to check them again before the jumps, but did yesterday and still the same pressure.

The engines smash flat on the dirt before the forks bottom out so it’s like a safety stop to keep from blowing out the forks/shocks.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Euler said:

Got in some track time.

IMG_1938.jpg

track 19 (1 of 1).jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

00025XTR_00025_BURST20190721143407.jpg

track 11 (1 of 1).jpg

IMG_1861.JPG

Someone is very good at photography and making alterations in the dark room. Bravo, you fooled a ton of folks. 

The human mind is quick to believe what it sees... often times not knowing what the reality is. 

Someone is very good at photography and making alterations in the dark room. Bravo, you fooled a ton of folks. 
The human mind is quick to believe what it sees... often times not knowing what the reality is. 

Photoshop is a great program.
  • Like 1

Just now, Euler said:

Photoshop is a great program.

Very well played sir...

Watching you guys race around on those is pretty fun, also extra points for the attire. 

I'll post up the vids for you of this ride, caught it the other night. 

• Like 1

Well damn, if that's all fake then you sure got me. Not able to see any real details on a cell phone so from here these are great images. And who am I to think there isn't someone crazier than me to try that.

Good job  :lol:

Good grief, if that was real, the landing of those things would look like the worst crash in history! Your cup holders would become dangerous projectiles... could take a hikers eye out..

• Like 1

Well damn, if that's all fake then you sure got me. Not able to see any real details on a cell phone so from here these are great images. And who am I to think there isn't someone crazier than me to try that. Good job  default_lol.gif&key=1cc5beca0ff56eb6b24d3d2797622f028f48d5ffdd8ad743ef94c2e075afc2db

Nothing was fake. I was just playing along. There’s videos of the big jump from several angles. We’re too dumb to fake anything on that level. We jumped the bikes for two days. Kyle over jumped the big one a little compared to what we were doing and thought, “I may actually be able to clear it.” He came up short about 5 times and finally made it. The landings sound brutal because they are but the bikes still work well.

https://youtu.be/pqM_PmU1oP4

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Euler said:

Nothing was fake. I was just playing along. There’s videos of the big jump from several angles. We’re too dumb to fake anything on that level. We jumped the bikes for two days. Kyle over jumped the big one a little compared to what we were doing and thought, “I may actually be able to clear it.” He came up short about 5 times and finally made it. The landings sound brutal because they are but the bikes still work well.

https://youtu.be/pqM_PmU1oP4

Damn...how on earth is all that holding together? Panniers etc? 

Edited by TigerTanker

Damn...how on earth is all that holding together? Panniers etc? 

No idea actually.

Every luggage lid to all 3 goldwings came off but somehow that’s been the only “damage.” My peg mounts kept bending but it’s because they were homemade at some point. Kyle has nice floorboards for the big jumps. He also also has Renthal bars. My stock ones were twisting down to the tank on the jumps, but I added a ratchet strap to help.

The bikes bottom out just going down almost flat road, but they slide well with enough speed.

Peg fix

IMG_1945.JPG
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Euler said:

No idea actually.

Every luggage lid to all 3 goldwings came off but somehow that’s been the only “damage.” My peg mounts kept bending but it’s because they were homemade at some point. Kyle has nice floorboards for the big jumps. He also also has Renthal bars. My stock ones were twisting down to the tank on the jumps, but I added a ratchet strap to help.

The bikes bottom out just going down almost flat road, but they slide well with enough speed.

Peg fix

IMG_1945.JPG

Seriously, in all my years of moto as a kid, adult, watching supercross... the coolest thing ever.... kudos. 

• Like 2

We doubled the recommended air pressure to try to keep ground clearance at a solid 3in when we were on the WABDR. Forgot to check them again before the jumps, but did yesterday and still the same pressure.

The engines smash flat on the dirt before the forks bottom out so it’s like a safety stop to keep from blowing out the forks/shocks.

Those AER forks are great, don’t know why people complain about em.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1