WARider525

Picture Tread! Where did you all ride this weekend?

Just saw this video today posted in another thread. Is the reason why I have issues with Ridge riding now. Just takes one simple rock, root or mistake and it's all over. I'm now at the point where I think, just because I can, doesn't mean that I should...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PNW Enduro said:

Good times at 10000'! 

IMG_1158.JPG.b8f1cea1edfc23f42b3d5ca227847e3c.JPGIMG_1160.JPG.a9675a1a5df0adf42a699df0b52ba2e0.JPG

IMG_1152.JPG

IMG_1163.JPG

IMG_1161.JPG

Please specify feet or meters, we all know you're from Canada so ...I'm thinking you're in Nepal or something...

• Haha 2

Just now, TigerTanker said:

Please specify feet or meters, we all know you're from Canada so ...I'm thinking you're in Nepal or something...

LOL 10,000 meters would be 32808 ft. I think I would have been a little more winded at that elevation. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, PNW Enduro said:

LOL 10,000 meters would be 32808 ft. I think I would have been a little more winded at that elevation. 

How was the bike doing at 10K?

• Like 1

10K is no joke, unless you have a turbo :) Took a rental Jeep to the top of the hill on the big island @ 14K had to dive half throttle just to get it to move! it was 22% for miles and miles- Brakes cherry red on the downhill, no air to cool them either

Edited by JRM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JRM said:

10K is no joke, unless you have a turbo :) Took a rental Jeep to the top of the hill on the big island @ 14K had to dive half throttle just to get it to move! it was 22% for miles and miles- Brakes cherry red on the downhill, no air to cool them either

Mauna Kea? I was planning on doing the same thing in November... your advice is..?

• Like 1

Make sure your rig isn't GPS tracked, Thrifty will freak out if you go up because non mechanical minded folks crash due to brake fade.  I pulled the OBDII tracker- Its pretty darn awesome, let the torque converter cool a few times if its not locked (don't want to brake down and get caught by the rental company) and watch those brakes! We left the 80F hotel, entered a awesome rainstorm, drove completely up threw it and looked down on it. Was epic, the sunsets are speechless!   The road was about like road 23 for a few miles, not to bad- seen a Prius do it. The best part was a yellow warning sign that said turbocharged 4x4 only

DSC01245.JPG

DSC01237.JPG

Edited by JRM
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, KaToomTime said:

How was the bike doing at 10K?

Just fine, shut it off to wait for others and it calibrates to the changing air density when restarting. Just got the patch installed so it should adjust on the fly next time. 

• Like 2

I went to Riverdale on Sunday 9/15 to flop around in the mud in preparation for the upcoming winter series. I was surprised how well the track held the torrential downpour that was served throughout the weekend.

image.jpg

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 12:42 PM, JohnHolder76 said:

I went to Riverdale on Sunday 9/15 to flop around in the mud in preparation for the upcoming winter series. I was surprised how well the track held the torrential downpour that was served throughout the weekend.

image.jpg

Dan was out there prepping the track almost immediately after the NORCS race on Saturday. Conditions were better than perfect on Saturday too. Also learned that Dan is no longer going to be the one prepping the track there at RIverdale come the beginning of the year... hopefully his replacement is as skilled and passionate as him

Edited by onefatroach
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, onefatroach said:

Dan was out there prepping the track almost immediately after the NORCS race on Saturday. Conditions were better than perfect on Saturday too. Also learned that Dan is no longer going to be the one prepping the track there at RIverdale come the beginning of the year... hopefully his replacement is as skilled and passionate as him

I expected the track to be untouched after Saturday due to conditions but it was like a &%$#@!ing freeway when I showed up Sunday morning. That's unfortunate to hear, but I'm sure they won't let his work be replaced by anything sub-par. 

4 hours ago, JohnHolder76 said:

I expected the track to be untouched after Saturday due to conditions but it was like a &%$#@!ing freeway when I showed up Sunday morning. That's unfortunate to hear, but I'm sure they won't let his work be replaced by anything sub-par. 

Saturday conditions were beyond perfect for race day. Partly cloudy with scattered sunshine. Rain on friday. Sunday morning starting around 3am the monsoon started...

47 minutes ago, Rider6000 said:

First day out on a trials bike. So much fun!FullSizeR(1).jpeg20190921_103134.jpeg

Nice. Picked up from Frank's?  Did ya run out of gas? :)

Good Stuff!

Nice. Picked up from Frank's?  Did ya run out of gas?
Good Stuff!
Frank's yes. GPS said 13.4 miles, made it back to the truck, but I don't think there was much left in the tank. I'm really excited about this machine. Looking forward to learning how to use it properly.
  • Like 4