WARider525

Picture Tread! Where did you all ride this weekend?

6 minutes ago, SDR_rider said:

Since I now know you're plans I will have to change things up a little. If a poker run is done again I would be the guy laying the course out. I might have to put some special trails in for the unruly Thumper Talk crowd. 

I am a firm believer in if you want more Singletrack. Put some tape into some allowed stuff and go.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SDR_rider said:

IMG_20200427_094549731_HDR.thumb.jpg.3df42baf23416ac15b50e27efe13d9f8.jpgIMG_20200427_095238438_HDR.thumb.jpg.fd6e07cdb8ac900f20118210d0201af6.jpg

Here you go. Keeping people's feet safe was my mission today.

It doesn't matter what boots I am wearing, my feet have magnets to hit things sticking into the trail by a couple of inches. Fortunately, my boots have done their job.

4 hours ago, firffighter said:

The asshatary on here has substantially gone down lately, which is refreshing for guys who actually care about what's going on in the local riding community. 

The BS just takes away from hearing about the actual trails at SDR, progress being made, and how folks are enjoying the place as a riding area, which is important as it's something never really been done here in the NW and it's success or failure will impact the future.  

I enjoy the reports from Eric and Don and hope to see more progress at SDR. 

The trolling and typical BS is played out and same egocentric garbage over and over. 

I hope you don't believe that I was anyway involved in the start of this "trolling and typical BS." I posted a picture and was bombarded with aggressive posts even after posting calm and collected responses. If anyone was feeding the fire it was Eric! Maybe if people don't want harsh responses they should learn how to approach a situation in a more appropriate manner. Would've been very simple and easy to not clog up a thread if a pm was sent with his issue. I'm done throwing gas on this situation because that is not my style, but damn if it doesn't seem like a very silly thing to have a shit fit over.

1 hour ago, SDR_rider said:

We put 10 new miles of trail in since the beginning of the year. I'm going back and reworking some of the less desirable trails so they are cleaner and have better flow. I can tell you the trails are being significantly improved since last year.    I've been getting a decent amount of help actually. The covid19 shutdown helped with that. As for the 125x it's in the rotation. I've been riding the FE250 a lot and really liking it for casual rides. 

Don I just wanted to say thanks for the work you put in at SDR. I have noticed a considerable amount of new trails and clearing going on, which has made the area more and more enjoyable. Every time we are out and see something on the trail needing cleared we due our part to help. I honestly believe the NW section of TT has become a to clique for me to continue posting here. To have my character bashed for a simple wheelie pic is ridiculous. I'm sure you know that my intent was not malicious or intended to do any damage. Anyways I'll see you on the next ride out there I'm sure.

@Eric72 Learn how to have a constructive conversation. I hope I enjoy the pleasure of never meeting you.

To everyone else thanks for the kind words and standing behind me while I was trying to explain my side of the situation.

• Like 12

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, dan500afc said:

I hope you don't believe that I was anyway involved in the start of this "trolling and typical BS." I posted a picture and was bombarded with aggressive posts even after posting calm and collected responses. If anyone was feeding the fire it was Eric! Maybe if people don't want harsh responses they should learn how to approach a situation in a more appropriate manner. Would've been very simple and easy to not clog up a thread if a pm was sent with his issue. I'm done throwing gas on this situation because that is not my style, but damn if it doesn't seem like a very silly thing to have a shit fit over.

Don I just wanted to say thanks for the work you put in at SDR. I have noticed a considerable amount of new trails and clearing going on, which has made the area more and more enjoyable. Every time we are out and see something on the trail needing cleared we due our part to help. I honestly believe the NW section of TT has become a to clique for me to continue posting here. To have my character bashed for a simple wheelie pic is ridiculous. I'm sure you know that my intent was not malicious or intended to do any damage. Anyways I'll see you on the next ride out there I'm sure.

Not at all. I appreciate your comments and defusing. Says a lot! 

Just a general statement on how things were pretty toxic awhile back and refreshing to have more of the comments and threads about the sport now vs bickering with each other.  

Edited by firffighter
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SDR_rider said:

Since I now know you're plans I will have to change things up a little. If a poker run is done again I would be the guy laying the course out. I might have to put some special trails in for the unruly Thumper Talk crowd. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eldon said:

I'm tempted to dump the $35 for a day pass just to spin circles on those slabs and watch Eric's head explode. 

I don't know what's worst about SDR. The lack of challenging trail and/or flowing singletrack or Eric constantly stroking off John's fledgling business venture.😄

Simple if you dont like it put me on ignore if not STFU. 

Ok, enough of this. This thread is supposed to be about where everyone rode last weekend, not personal insults. So let’s stay in topic pls. 

That said, here’s where I rode last weekend. I found this really nice slab close by, and as the picture shows, it is premium! Not going to say where it is, cause I don’t want people riding it and posting videos all over the internet, and building off-map slabs. 

0C6C4545-4420-4278-9226-586235C79306.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Eric72 said:

Simple if you dont like it put me on ignore if not STFU. 

You want me to put you on ignore and miss all your posts proving you're an asshat? 😀

I'd much rather continue to watch your self appointed SDR "advertising" drive John's business into the ground.

Edited by Eldon
Quotation marks
  • Helpful 1

8 hours ago, onefatroach said:

Cowabunga from 3,000 feet

20200426_124953.jpg

I have been wondering what the conditions are there. Are you riding the trails or only fire road? Are the north slopes still holding snow?

15 hours ago, SDR_rider said:

I will bring the 701, so I prefer straight sections of 90mph graded gravel to connect the fresh concrete burnout pads. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I rode a different kind of thumper today. It had 100 miles on the clock. It wasn’t fast but it sure was fun. It is rolling sculpture and history all in one. The first model rolled off the assembly line in 1931. Baldwin Locomotive works number 2 is a little older, built in 1913. The scene is Sedro Woolley,  Washington. 

D06B6D62-9B9E-4E61-BFF0-AC45EF288D0D.jpeg

34DA232F-356B-4310-83A2-451522EC52C7.jpeg

• Like 11

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, onefatroach said:

20200503_142404.jpg

Weren’t you just flinging shit at someone posting about illegal areas dude??  You should do what he did after your rightful criticism. 

Edited by turn_one
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, onefatroach said:

As far as I'm aware we were on multi use trails. Enlighten me if you wish ...

Enlightened via PM. 

• Like 2