WARider525

Picture Tread! Where did you all ride this weekend?

19 minutes ago, turn_one said:

Weren’t you just flinging shit at someone posting about illegal areas dude??  You should do what he did after your rightful criticism. 

Yeah, those look like some trails over by ____ that I was wanting to hit. The trails  are above _____  and I have heard you can get to them by turning right after the ______ and go up a ways, can see them on goog earth. Looks like a good afternoon worth of riding.  😁

On 4/27/2020 at 4:16 PM, Eldon said:

I'm tempted to dump the $35 for a day pass just to spin circles on those slabs and watch Eric's head explode. 

I don't know what's worst about SDR. The lack of challenging trail and/or flowing singletrack or Eric constantly stroking off John's fledgling business venture.😄

I think it's worth giving credit to the SDR members that have been building some more challenging trails lately. A quad trail was put in earlier this spring that I think is fun, we found another nice trail a couple of weekends ago that is actively being worked on, and I've come across a few spots that I've tried to ram my 300 through or hiked that will make good trails if they're built.

The membership costs have been worth it for me especially to have a place to ride the last two months. 🙂 But, yes, I think SDR needs more challenging trails, better signage, and significantly better maps for new members to be successful. From what I can tell, they're aware of this and working on it.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Carrymap needs to be killed burned and the ashes sprinkled in the hood canal lol. That thing is terrible! Lol 

Yes to Don and the others who are out there making amazing improvements to existing trails and cutting new ones. I appreciate what John Eaton and SDR has brought to the area. It's not for everyone and is exclusive which I really appreciate. 

Edited by PNWoods
  • Like 3

Went to Walker valley for the first time. I was always nervous about Walker and my ability given the gnarly reputation it gets. It was a lot of fun. I did a lot of stuff to my bike so I wanted to give it a good shakedown and it tested me and my novice ability. Did jam, muddled meanderings, centennial (found one lookout on our own and took a long break), took the road back and found another. We ended up taking toilet back. I had a few issues with my bike. I melted my coolant overflow tube against my exhaust. I must have forgot to route it correctly after reinstalling my shock. I also think I fried my electric starter. We had just started down tooler and were a third of the way in when I stalled and my e start didn't work. I pressed it and heard nothing but a whine/whir noise and my computer would shut off/restart. No big deal, so I tried kicking it and nothing. After 20 minutes we decided to try towing it out but neither of us knew what we were doing so it was pretty slow going. At one point I was coasting downhill and gave it a bump start which got it running so I didn't let it stop and rode out the rest of the way. 

Holy cow it was hot though. My sweat was sweating. 

IMG_20200510_160858.jpg

IMG_20200510_163323.jpg

Edited by verman84
  • Like 5
  • Helpful 1

On 5/6/2020 at 12:28 PM, rwespetal said:

I think it's worth giving credit to the SDR members that have been building some more challenging trails lately. A quad trail was put in earlier this spring that I think is fun, we found another nice trail a couple of weekends ago that is actively being worked on, and I've come across a few spots that I've tried to ram my 300 through or hiked that will make good trails if they're built.

The membership costs have been worth it for me especially to have a place to ride the last two months. 🙂 But, yes, I think SDR needs more challenging trails, better signage, and significantly better maps for new members to be successful. From what I can tell, they're aware of this and working on it.

I have plans for some higher difficulty trails. I was going to start something up but with this covid19 thing it's been delayed. I will be starting up a separate group to build harder trails. Contact me me if you want to be part of it. Mapping is being worked on and signs are hopefully going up soon.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:45 PM, PNWoods said:

Carrymap needs to be killed burned and the ashes sprinkled in the hood canal lol. That thing is terrible! Lol 

Yes to Don and the others who are out there making amazing improvements to existing trails and cutting new ones. I appreciate what John Eaton and SDR has brought to the area. It's not for everyone and is exclusive which I really appreciate. 

Thanks for noticing the work that is going on. Trail building is going to slow down until November. Maintenance is going to happen through the summer. So far this year we have added 10 miles of new trail plus cleared s few old ones out. I have a lot of projects ready to go. If we keep getting the  help for trail work it's really going to be good in the next year. 

The Carry map is junk and I don't use it myself. 

• Like 3
  • Helpful 1

Posted (edited)

Rode on Sumas Mt logging trails, Up the gravel fork off Mosquito Lake Road, Walker Valley, and Sumas Mt again in 2 weeks.

49885461726_d807bc98af_c.jpg

Drz400 by William Snitselaar, on Flickr

From Sumas Mt. need people with to ride at walker next time, get scared of getting trapped under the heavy ass bike.

Edited by wschnitz
  • Like 5

Devils Gulch is almost cleared to loop 1201 to 1220. The logging road has melted enough and we were the first to punch through the snow. Too many snow drifts and downed trees on the first mile to 1.5 miles down onto 1220. Lots of fresh cuts recently and huge shoutout to everyone helping out. We had a flat going up 1201 and bumped into a group of mountain bikers who were towing a trailer carrying a chainsaw, beer and other supplies. They gifted my buddy a cold one for the tube repair. 

20200510_152957.jpg

Edited by onefatroach
  • Like 5

On 4/27/2020 at 11:13 PM, onefatroach said:

Cowabunga from 3,000 feet

20200426_124953.jpg

HEY @onefatroach   I know that spot.   I think that's the road (behind your bike in you pic). 

PANO_20200406_151145_vr.jpg.6a48df18dd125183ac16d73d576b2f10.jpg

2 hours ago, norsepeak said:

Getting my daughter out on her first "singletrack" ride. 

20200421_140021.jpg

20200421_131227.jpg

Go Cougs 

• Helpful 1
  • Angry 1

11 hours ago, cougbike said:

Go Cougs 

11 hours ago, shrubitup said:

+1 Go Cougs

50 minutes ago, Wonderspoon said:

+2 Go Cougs

I like Cougars, they're experienced! 

• Helpful 1

18 hours ago, norsepeak said:

Getting my daughter out on her first "singletrack" ride. 

20200421_140021.jpg

20200421_131227.jpg

Great pic and awesome to see the kiddos out on "singletrack"! 

Nicely done dad! 

Oh, and go Ducks!

• Helpful 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha 2