Sign in to follow this  

California Nor Cal's turn - Stoneyford March 20-22..Come on up, So Cal!

Just wanted say thanks you all for being so hospitable! Made this super squid feel right at home. Big shout to the rock monster for dragging me along. Hope to be able to make the big ride with Ya all soon.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427061594.895735.jpg

Was a great ride and group. Son Sam is fine, a sprain. Got into cell range, called the wife and she couldn't believe I was coming home when I did "why are you coming home?" type of thing :facepalm::banghead:  she had calmed down after Sam actually talked to her, told her to cool her jets, he's OK et cetera...Wouldn't even allow her to show up at the ER..That's my boy :thumbsup: raised him well.

OH well.

HAY - was great to meet all of those I'd never met before, and next year we'll try to make this event happen a month or so earlier - less dust would be better..

I had a great weekend with a great bunch of fellow TTer's .

I got in 99 miles between Fri and Sat and am sore as hell today .

Thanks to Bill and Frank for putting this together , it was a big success .  

20150321_211647_zpsu07mn77z.jpg

20150321_190058_zpspoianoqs.jpg

20150321_125357_RichtoneHDR_zps8mt2kwzk.

20150321_115908_zps36g0s7ek.jpg

20150321_113027_RichtoneHDR_zpsyajmrz5z.

20150321_131755_zps41h8hfrn.jpg

I'm friggin exhausted , will add more pics later .

Edited by still2smokin
  • Like 1

Evening Men! Mrs. HD and I just rolled in from a hoot filled weekend in our backyard.

Gotta say it was a pleasure to meet everyone that showed up and we got to put some faces to names, who knew that Sonomahonda rode a KTM? Jim, many thanks for coming up Early in the morning just to say Hi and bring the doughnuts for the crew, hopefully the new knee and rehab will have you back as a regular in the F50C.

Despite the dust and loose conditions I had a ball meeting and riding with everyone, Eldorado 650 hands down wins the rider of the weekend award kicking sand in our faces on his 650L, carrying every M/C tool known to Man on him, plus a refrigerator/freezer, tubes, tire irons, a kitchen sink and still handed us our asses on the trail. BTW, thank you for the tube..........

Still2smokin gets the grand Prize for Best Packed Vehicle, managing to pack a weekend worth of camping gear and food and clothes and firewood and a WR 450 in a vehicle that was no bigger than a Mini Cooper........wish I got a picture of that.

Levi and Robert won Most Distance Traveled Award, arriving in camp at 11 p.m. after driving from Angel's Camp and not having a clue where they were going......or who we were......or where they were......

Rock Monster and Daveropp get kudos for coming up and taking a chance that we weren't a bunch of dumbasses, good times men and all the best to you both.

Cag33, good to see you back on your bike after that retaining wall thing.....

1.21...always a pleasure to ride and laugh with you

Dyrtmon, maybe you could stick around for the full weekend next time? Try not to hurt the youngest again on Sam's Corner?

Husky gets the award for Landing the Furthest from his Bike after Crashing.......no further explanation needed, not one of his prouder moments.....

Finally, Slyko and Son win the Ratio Award, that would be the miles driven to the riding area compared to the actual miles ridden in the riding area......225 miles round trip to ride 40 miles in 2 days.....not Friday50 Club material there boys..........

Thank you to the Academy and the sponsors for a cool weekend, there will be a Second Annual TT Stony confab next year to be announced later in the year, be there y'all.

Pics of the weekend coming soon.............

• Like 4

Fun ride this weekend. It was great to meet everybody and ride with a few new people. I haven't had that much fun while inhaling that must dust. I burped earlier and I swear to god dust came out.

Also- I have changed my username from Gbrodnansky98 to G-BRO. Most of you should have an easier time with that!

• Like 2

I have changed my username from Gbrodnansky98 to G-BRO. Most of you should have an easier time with that!

Good call, G -Brohammy……Was great to finally meet you.

Great weekend! Good to meet some new folks and see some of the usual hooligans. Can't wait for the next one.

It is currently sprinkling here, life is cruel. We could have used some of that this weekend.

Edited by 1.21GW

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0346.JPG

We had a great time.  Good food.  Great fun.  Sleeping under the stars was even exciting with all that wind!!!

Everyone wins the award for bringing so much FIREWOOD!  We had a bonfire on Saturday night and a nice blazer on Sunday morning.  There was still quite the pile left over when we drove out on Sunday afternoon!  Nice!

The #1 award goes to Lucy and her coffee on Sunday morning.  It made a tough morning bearable.  Thank you.

Next were the steaks & using GW's BBQ.  Fantastic!  Steaks, etc.  Pillows........................ we forgot pillows!  Next time!  ;)

Edited by superslyko

That weekend rocked!

Man did I have a great time.

Way glad I met you all - will be up there again for another one of these rides!

I am fairly sore - but my knee is killing me from riding that bike back with 1 good foot peg.

Damn Honda's!

HockDog - you led one hell of a ride and you are fast a hell too!

For such a big group - we held quite a pace and only lost each other once since

a group got in-between us.

Here is the ride and my ride Friday afternoon.

Having too much fun - so I did not take any pictures - bummer.

So I will have to grab the ones posted up here.

Anytime you North boys want to ride a little south, shoot me a PM.

Saturday:

Saturday%203-21_zpspolxmvui.jpg

Saturday_zpspsqp0evf.jpg

My wanderings on Friday - looks like a drunk sailor......

Friday%203-20_zpsmujxyzqi.jpg

Friday_zpsvfle9rea.jpg

• Like 5

That was a very fun ride. Glad to meet all the TTers and put faces to all the names. I can't believe I have ridden by the steam donkey all those years and never seen it. I guess I don't sight see when I ride. Thanks again Hockdog for putting on a great rideImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427134587.298619.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427134607.784520.jpg

• Like 1

Typical for me....

Left work early Friday for the ride.

Get to work today - and what is waiting here for me:

20150323_1141041_zpsw6hpqmb2.jpg

It would have been nice to have a tire with some decent tread.

• Like 1

Great Ride!  EPIC ride report! well done as good as the old days.

- The skipper

That was a very fun ride. Glad to meet all the TTers and put faces to all the names. I can't believe I have ridden by the steam donkey all those years and never seen it. I guess I don't sight see when I ride. Thanks again Hockdog for putting on a great rideattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427134587.298619.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1427134607.784520.jpg

I think it is on 36?

Scott, in those last pics, i didn't see any tipped over bikes/  What gives? That is the same place that gave you the kawi killer nickname.

What was Bill from MotoXotica riding?  A Beta 300 RR?  When did KTM move to an e-start 300 2 stroke?  2008?  I need to get a new.................. used................. bike. :lol:   Something with the magic button.  Yup. http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/897277-ktm-300-starter/

& a horn!  Frank's horn was hecka nice!  I'll be able to warn Ossi when I wanna pass again.

Who knows were that Kawi-Carnage was!?  I leave all kinds of waste in my wake.  :thumbsup:

The most important accomplishment was Steven's riding!  He climbed everything!  The two hills he had trouble on he did on the second try!   ;)  Give him another year and he'll be waiting for me.  :facepalm:

Or I could just rebuild this beast AGAIN for 1/8 the price.  I already have the piston on the shelf.  Split the cases a while back, I've done it twice on this bike already.  I could do it again in an afternoon.  Just a few more parts & I'm good to go!  OK, I'll fix it.  Get it ready for riding season.  There's nothing worthwhile on Craigslist.  Why spend the $$$$ when I don't have to.  It ain't half as beat as the 2002 I had.  I just put new plastic on it from that UFO experience.

After all it's just the seat time.  I'll have more seat time for less $$$$$$$.  Sean don't ride the fanciest bike out there.  If he can do it!!!!!???????

Cuz..................................................... you know................................................... say it.................................................. let me hear you say it................................................ I know you know it..............................................

I AM A KTM FIXIN' MOFO!     :smirk:

We Ride!  :thumbsup:

P.S. Rocky & his DRZ is an inspiration!

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 1

Invest in a gasket set on your next rebuild, Cal-Fire was out looking for the source of the smoke at Stony.....they couldn't pin it down because it kept moving.......slowly.

• Like 3