socali-250

using turnbuckles to hold down your bike

I have a set of motocinch that are similar to a turnbuckle.  They use ancra mounts in your truck bed that have a very small footprint when not in use.  I love them, they work awesome.  They let the bike float, but yet it is planted rock solid when being transported.  easy to hook to the bike and very simple.  works like a boomer for equipment. 

www.motocinch.com

we use a pair of boomers in the trailer hooked from the pegs to D rings on the floor on bolth sides. the boomers have a hole with a clevis pin and bale going through it to lock it in place when latched

• Like 1

I have a set of motocinch that are similar to a turnbuckle.  They use ancra mounts in your truck bed that have a very small footprint when not in use.  I love them, they work awesome.  They let the bike float, but yet it is planted rock solid when being transported.  easy to hook to the bike and very simple.  works like a boomer for equipment. 

www.motocinch.com

I like the way they look and operate. How much do they cost?

I made a version on this Rick Racing Loack-n-load. Mine is just not spring loaded. It takes me about 15 seconds to load my bike. If I wasn't so cheep I would have bought these.

http://www.riskracing.com/pages/Lock-N-Load_Motocross_Transport_Page.html

Here is a picture of mine. Pardon the trailer. I was repurposing an old stand up jet ski trailer to hold two bikes. I liked the raw metal look of the hold downs so. I painted them with clear. I've had them for about 8 years and never had a problem and I have. Not had to replace fork seals since I'm made them

image.jpg

I paid $100 for the motocinch.  Can't begin to tell you how much I like them. 

another good one is the risk racing lock-n-load.  haven't tried them yet, don't know if the lock-n-load will clear my expansion chambers on my two strokes.    

I would be interested in pictures of brapbrap326's boomer setup, as I am a dirt contractor heavy equipment guy by trade. 

I really like broccolli2's trailer, it is nice and refreshing to have a small trailer that you can move around by hand.  I started out with a trailer similar to yours that tilted, used it to haul my banshee back in 1997.  could haul one bike at a time, and was very small, but you could hitch it up by hand and it was so easy to use offroad behind my lifted blazer.  miss that thing.      

Edited by Lindsey97

we use a pair of boomers in the trailer hooked from the pegs to D rings on the floor on bolth sides. the boomers have a hole with a clevis pin and bale going through it to lock it in place when latched

can you post a pic?

i need to secure 4-5 bikes in an enclosed trailer. So im not sure if those other options are going to work because im not spending that much lol

I just installed these 2 days ago. I connected turnbuckle to the X track. I measured from the ground to the bottom of my skid plate, added 1/2 inch to that and that was my base height. I used non skid tape on the bottom and top of the base. You only have to lift the bike about an inch to load it.

It takes all of 10 seconds per side to lock the bike down and it doesn't budge. As in more solid than any type of tie down that I've ever seen.

We went to a track today about 45 minutes away. Rough, uneven roads on the way there and once inside the track it was even rougher with a nice steep incline to get to the parking area. Neither bike moved an inch.

I wish I would have done this year's ago. 2028113915.jpeg1787930624.jpeg