I highly recommend Royal Purple Max-Clean Fuel System Cleaner and Stabilizer

This stuff is great. I know a lot of people used Sea Foam, but I did some research and found this. I didn't have any problems with my DRZ, but I wanted to clean out any carbon deposits and build up in my engine. I ran this through my bike twice, and am doing it a third time. It's safe for your carb, o-rings, seals etc. in motorcycles. 

It acts as a fuel stabilizer as well. 

I noticed my DRZ seems to idle a little smoother (had a great idle before). Seems to run slightly stronger too. 

I changed my oil today, and some of the oil was blackish in color. Also the magnetic drain bolt had some black gunk on it as well. I had just changed it about 300 miles ago, so it seemed to clean a lot of crap out of the combustion chamber. 

I guess it's a little pricey for $13, but you will only use about a 1/10th of the can for a DRZ tank. 

Oh... I put it in my girlfriends car as well (I purchased 2 bottles). Her car would sometimes vibrate when sitting at a stoplight in drive. I decided to put a bottle in just because her car has 80,000 miles and with U.S crappy fuel I figured it couldn't hurt. Sure enough that vibration went away and her car runs better, smoother, and gets better MPG now. 

Don't expect this stuff to cure your blown up motor  ;)  but it definitely is good preventative maintenance and you'll probably notice your DRZ just runs a little better (or at least I did!). 

Here's the link:

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/max-clean-fuel-system-cleaner/

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-11722-Max-Clean-Stabilizer/dp/B00B1VBQRS

Thanks for the review! I'm going to do my bike and my girls car too. Hers has a lot of buzzing going on as well;)

looks like good stuff for sure,  ive been using seafoam for years,  and its great,  but i would definately try that,  you're just putting some in the fuel tank only right?

This stuff is great. I know a lot of people used Sea Foam, but I did some research and found this. I didn't have any problems with my DRZ, but I wanted to clean out any carbon deposits and build up in my engine. I ran this through my bike twice, and am doing it a third time. It's safe for your carb, o-rings, seals etc. in motorcycles. 

It acts as a fuel stabilizer as well. 

I noticed my DRZ seems to idle a little smoother (had a great idle before). Seems to run slightly stronger too. 

I changed my oil today, and some of the oil was blackish in color. Also the magnetic drain bolt had some black gunk on it as well. I had just changed it about 300 miles ago, so it seemed to clean a lot of crap out of the combustion chamber. 

I guess it's a little pricey for $13, but you will only use about a 1/10th of the can for a DRZ tank. 

Oh... I put it in my girlfriends car as well (I purchased 2 bottles). Her car would sometimes vibrate when sitting at a stoplight in drive. I decided to put a bottle in just because her car has 80,000 miles and with U.S crappy fuel I figured it couldn't hurt. Sure enough that vibration went away and her car runs better, smoother, and gets better MPG now. 

Don't expect this stuff to cure your blown up motor  ;)  but it definitely is good preventative maintenance and you'll probably notice your DRZ just runs a little better (or at least I did!). 

Here's the link:

http://www.royalpurpleconsumer.com/products/max-clean-fuel-system-cleaner/

http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Purple-11722-Max-Clean-Stabilizer/dp/B00B1VBQRS

cleaning the air filter does more. 

cleaning the air filter does more. 

Not when your air filter is spotless. 

looks like good stuff for sure,  ive been using seafoam for years,  and its great,  but i would definately try that,  you're just putting some in the fuel tank only right?

Yes just in the fuel tank! 

+1 on the air filter. 

from their website: up to 2.6% horsepower increase

sooooo, if the drz is stock at 33-35hp, you MIGHT  net .5 hp. 

it's snake oil. clean your air filter, change your oil/filter, and ride the drz. 

Edited by ohgood

Marine Sta-Bil in the winter when the bike is stored and fuel cleaner (Gum-out or Techron) every once in a blue moon when I feel randy....

from their website: up to 2.6% horsepower increase

sooooo, if the drz is stock at 33-35hp, you MIGHT net .5 hp.

it's snake oil. clean your air filter, change your oil/filter, and ride the drz.

I didn't use it to gain HP. I used it to clean the valves and combustion chamber. When I changed my oil there was black gunk apparent in some of the oil (especially around the magnetic drain plug). So I don't think cleaning your air filter or changing your oil is going to remove carbon deposits from the intake valves and combustion chamber. I did change my oil and I did clean my K&N air filter which wasn't even remotely dirty. I probably wasted my time cleaning it lol. I'm sure if your air filter was dirty, yes cleaning it would be good and changing your oil is good, but I change my oil AND filter every 500 miles and do the same for the air filter. So I recommended this stuff as a great cleaner and preventative maintenance to remove the nasty crap that U.S fuel leaves behind.

Bought it and put in all three of my bikes.  Will see how it goes.  Most interested in the 2004 SV650S with almost 20k.  It's fuel injected.  Other 2 are a 2003 Green DRZ and a 2005 Ninja 500r that the GF rides.

I put it in the last tank on our 07 Ford Focus and it feels smoother forr sure...I saved a couple of oz's forr my bike's next fill up;)

1 I didn't use it to gain HP.

2 I used it to clean the valves and combustion chamber.

3 When I changed my oil there was black gunk apparent in some of the oil (especially around the magnetic drain plug).

4 So I don't think cleaning your air filter or changing your oil is going to remove carbon deposits from the intake valves and combustion chamber.

5 I did change my oil and I did clean my K&N air filter which wasn't even remotely dirty. I probably wasted my time cleaning it lol.

6 I'm sure if your air filter was dirty, yes cleaning it would be good and changing your oil is good, but I change my oil AND filter every 500 miles and do the same for the air filter.

7 So I recommended this stuff as a great cleaner and preventative maintenance to remove the nasty crap that U.S fuel leaves behind.

1 good, it will not

2 did you pull the head and inspect the level of carbon build up prior to using the product ? 

3 that would be your valves, bearings, and gears on the drain plug, not carbon falling off the valves/piston/cylinder. if any carbon comes off the valves/piston, its going to exit stage front, via the exhaust. 

4 and neither will the snake oil. a clean filter will make the piston and cylinder last a lot longer though. ask anyone who has ingested sand/dirt how long the top end lasted after that. yowza

5 good

6 ditto

7 recommended or not, it's still snake oil. pull the cylinder in 30,000 miles. or 50,000 miles. with or without the snake oil, it's going to look the same. 

The only time I use any of these is if there is a legit carbon build up problem. It's another case of convincing yourself there is an improvement since you really want there to be one. You'd be better off ditching the K&N filter. That will do more for keeping your engine running properly longer than any additive. (along with maintenance) FYI, you can clean carbon with water, no chemicals needed. Unless you did a side by side comparison (2 bikes, same conditions, one with and one without...) or inspected the internals before and after, how do you know it is doing anything besides the claims of other believers or the manufacturer? I'm not trying to be negative, just saying that these products have their uses, but they are never as good as they claim or you want them to be.

I wonder if this might have had something to do with bneikam25 blowing up the DRZ shortly after the OP?

I wonder if this might have had something to do with bneikam25 blowing up the DRZ shortly after the OP?

I highly doubt it, but I guess it's possible. I had a bearing give out which made the rod go. If it did though then I take back my original post lol.

The only time I use any of these is if there is a legit carbon build up problem. It's another case of convincing yourself there is an improvement since you really want there to be one. You'd be better off ditching the K&N filter. That will do more for keeping your engine running properly longer than any additive. (along with maintenance) FYI, you can clean carbon with water, no chemicals needed. Unless you did a side by side comparison (2 bikes, same conditions, one with and one without...) or inspected the internals before and after, how do you know it is doing anything besides the claims of other believers or the manufacturer? I'm not trying to be negative, just saying that these products have their uses, but they are never as good as they claim or you want them to be.

I hear ya. At the very least it's also a fuel stabilizer lol

1 good, it will not

2 did you pull the head and inspect the level of carbon build up prior to using the product ?

3 that would be your valves, bearings, and gears on the drain plug, not carbon falling off the valves/piston/cylinder. if any carbon comes off the valves/piston, its going to exit stage front, via the exhaust.

4 and neither will the snake oil. a clean filter will make the piston and cylinder last a lot longer though. ask anyone who has ingested sand/dirt how long the top end lasted after that. yowza

5 good

6 ditto

7 recommended or not, it's still snake oil. pull the cylinder in 30,000 miles. or 50,000 miles. with or without the snake oil, it's going to look the same.

Maybe you're right. You know more then I do when it comes to that stuff. Just noticed a minor improvement and thought I'd share. Definitely improved my girlfriends car.