crf 50 with lifan 125 motor. reving issues Please help!

Hi guys I'm new to the forum I'm having rev issues idles great but won't rev if I crack throttle just wants to die at this point it will ride nice if you easE into every gear like just cruising. But no give it n go.

Hi guys I'm new to the forum I'm having rev issues idles great but won't rev if I crack throttle just wants to die at this point it will ride nice if you easE into every gear like just cruising. But no give it n go.

try cleaning the carb.  is this the PZ 26 that came with the engine or a different carb?  either way, take the carb apart and clean the jets, specifically the smaller pilot jet.

Only thing I see is a 5 in bottom of bowl on inside and on side on the outside of carb it says PD and jing ke. I cleaned it revs okay now but still not right . pops n breaks up a little maybe I didn't clean good enough I know some is tough to get. What are settings for both jets ? In bowl there are three removeables. I removed n cleaned all n should all three be just snug. What are settings for all three and as for idle n air screw. I trued setting to stock specs . was idling before I cleaned carb but not much rev at all without breaking or bogging now its not idling on its own fires right up with 1\4 throttle n revs decent better then before fore sure but like I said still breaking n bogging on higher end revs.

Please help

Hello, I am going through some of the same issues myself. I have the same motor and exhaust. Most of these engines come with a 22 millimeter Mikuni clone carb. Factory jetting is usually a 15 pilot and a 95 main jet. Those jets are too lean for that motor. I got mine to run decent in the summer but now that its super cold here it ran like crap. Far too lean for cold dense air. I don't know your exact setup or where you live but that could be a possible issue.

It would be helpful if you could figure out what your carb is a clone of

Search VM22 for Mikuni comparisons

Where do I measure on carb to determine this. I wanna get this figured out as soon as possible I I can figure out what size n tell you maybe we can figure the problem out. Thanks.

I'm getting just shy of 22 mm where throttle goes in up top and where filter goes on in getting 30mm . I put needle clip all the way on top notch. Now its like coughing gas out of carb didn't wanna rev clean. And it was acting different before when clip was one from bottom. What should I do . It will idle with choke on and rev okay , but with choke off it just wants to cough gas out carb n die out until I let off again n it idles nice with choke on and with it off idle rises. I'm so baffled. Haha. Just wanna get her to its full potential. Thanks

Try posting up a few clear pictures of the carb, so everyone can see what you're working with.

Carb size is measured from the engine intake side where the carb throat meets the venturi area, just in front of the slide throttle.

The carb might have identifiable engravings on it if you look closely.

Does your carb have an adjustment screw on the bottom side located by the intake?

idle issues are usually air leak related for the chinese carbs.  run a test and spray carb cleaner on and around the carb while it is idling/  changes in RPMs indicate a leak somewhere.