Sign in to follow this  

Squeaking when I sit on the bike?

When I sit on my DRZ, and kind of hop up and down theres the loud squeak. Sounds like it may be coming from the swingarm. Not sure though, anyway, how do I fix this?

If it's the swing arm might be the bearings on their way out or just need to be taken apart and greased

If it's the swing arm might be the bearings on their way out or just need to be taken apart and greased

do you have a link for a sticky maybe that has a tutorial on how to grease the swingarm bearings? I could use the search function I guess.  :bonk:

Make sure mice haven't started nesting under your seat during the winter....sorry couldn't help myself.  Those things are easier to locate with 2 people. One to bounce, the other to get on their knees on both sides of the bike to try to isolate where it's coming from. Could be pivot point needs grease, as other noted.

I'm not sure if there's a post on it or not take the tire chain and brake caliper off then undo the suspension and pull out the swing arm bolt if you're going through all the trouble better off getting new bearings and everything because it is a pretty involved process could also be something in suspension linkage to squeaks and odd noises are hard to diagnose not being my there. The second post in the drz faq is on rear suspension maintanance

Edited by jd4x426

I'm not sure if there's a post on it or not take the tire chain and brake caliper off then undo the suspension and pull out the swing arm bolt if you're going through all the trouble better off getting new bearings and everything because it is a pretty involved process could also be something in suspension linkage to squeaks and odd noises are hard to diagnose not being my there. The second post in the drz faq is on rear suspension maintanance

Make sure mice haven't started nesting under your seat during the winter....sorry couldn't help myself.  Those things are easier to locate with 2 people. One to bounce, the other to get on their knees on both sides of the bike to try to isolate where it's coming from. Could be pivot point needs grease, as other noted.

Allright guys, well thanks for the help. Guess when I get a chance this weekend I'll tear it apart and find out where its coming from. Thanks again!

I found a squeak the other day and it was my aftermarket exhaust rubbing on the shock spring.

Yep, mine did the same thing until i took the pipe off and banged a little dent in it where it rubbed.