18" rear wheel on 05 450r

I need a new rear wheel for my 05 450r and was wondering if there are any known problems with putting an 18" on it? I want to run a trials tire. Yes I tried the search and came up with nothing, maybe I did it wrong but I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I need a new rear wheel for my 05 450r and was wondering if there are any known problems with putting an 18" on it? I want to run a trials tire. Yes I tried the search and came up with nothing, maybe I did it wrong but I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

No problems as long as the tire is not significantly wider than what you are already running -- and the trials tires usually arent 

The trials tires are significantly taller and can rub the swing arm. There are also 19" trials tires available. I think Vee Rubber is the maker.

The trials tires are significantly taller and can rub the swing arm. There are also 19" trials tires available. I think Vee Rubber is the maker.

You can rectify this by adding a couple links to the chain and sliding the wheel back in the swingarm though right?   

I was looking into the 19" trials tires a few years ago and was not reading good things -- ie- rubber compound was not a true trials type rubber compound  -----

but then again, that was a few years ago -- they may have gotten their act together by now 

My trials tire is a 4.00-18 and fits but the bike is noticeably taller. I think you will be fine that size tire and you can always add a link. I've been running a trials off and on for a few years and they still amaze me.