Sign in to follow this  

Really need help! Brake lever!

I recently got an 03 rm250 frame after my old one cracked it was an 02.. Everyone told me everyhing would line up perfectly.. Seems like the only things tht is diffrent is the rear brake pedal... The spring is wayyyyyy to big... Is seems the mount for the 03 is alil sorter then the 02 only by like a half inch?? But I look everywhere and it says the pedal is exactly the same... Is tht true or is maybe just the spring diffeent? Maybe a smaller spring for the 03... Please help!

I recently got an 03 rm250 frame after my old one cracked it was an 02.. Everyone told me everyhing would line up perfectly.. Seems like the only things tht is diffrent is the rear brake pedal... The spring is wayyyyyy to big... Is seems the mount for the 03 is alil sorter then the 02 only by like a half inch?? But I look everywhere and it says the pedal is exactly the same... Is tht true or is maybe just the spring diffeent? Maybe a smaller spring for the 03... Please help!

Interesting. In 04 the footpegs were moved back 10mm and the brake pedal shortened (10mm shorter). I've seen people run 04+ brake pedals on 01-03 bikes to get a shorter pedal, and the other way around to get a longer pedal. Seems odd that you're having problems. 

Interesting. In 04 the footpegs were moved back 10mm and the brake pedal shortened (10mm shorter). I've seen people run 04+ brake pedals on 01-03 bikes to get a shorter pedal, and the other way around to get a longer pedal. Seems odd that you're having problems.

The part tht is diffrent is where you screw the rear brake too... I measured the mount from the mount to the caliber bracket above it and it's only like a half inch off.. So the spring that holds my brake lever is just way to big! I don understand it.. I try to play around with the adjust Ment on the brake but idk what else to do

Not sure why it's different, but would using an 03 brake lever or shorter spring work?

I am gonna try a shorter spring but I can't find one at my hardware store.. Im going to look at a buddies 04 rm tonight to see any differences idk what is going on here just another problem when working in somthing

Not sure why it's different, but would using an 03 brake lever or shorter spring work?

Don't know why the mounting hole for the brake lever is diffrent then the 02...

I am gonna try a shorter spring but I can't find one at my hardware store.. Im going to look at a buddies 04 rm tonight to see any differences idk what is going on here just another problem when working in somthing

Don't know why the mounting hole for the brake lever is diffrent then the 02...

When to my friends house he has an 04 and it's the same as the 03... They have the same location for the brake lever... Found the diffeence and its in the brake lever its self take a look.. As you can see the 02 is on the left and mine 04 is on the right... The lever is same size but the mount for the spring is mounted lower to make up for the half inch difference on the frame!

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1425356234.861182.jpg

Edited by puddin088