2015 Subaru WRX

I have been thinking of buying a new daily driver lately. Right now i have a 2006 civic si with 110k on it. Originally i was looking for leather, navigation, a hatchback/wagon and good mileage. I liked the look of the look and mileage of the hatchback impreza and the awd. After driving it though the power left a lot to be desired. I also drove a 2014 wrx hatchback that drove great but the interior was poor. Also the 5 door impreza and wrx really do not offer anymore storage than the sedan. 

While at the dealer my girlfriend convinced me to drive the 15 WRX sedan and i loved it but its pretty much opposite of what i anticipated buying. 

Does anyone have one that can give an unbiased experience? I know the navigation is not the best but this may be replaced in the 2016 model with what came out in the 15 impreza.

I am also considering a mazda 3 and focus st but have not been able to drive one yet.

Did you happen to glance at the window sticker of a late model WRX?? Holy balls...Subaru. Beautiful car but really?? For that scratch, Id look into a certified awd BMW.

Price on a loaded WRX limited was not much more than a focus ST or Civic SI. 

FWIW ... Not sure you can compare the 'ST' and '3' to the WRX as these cars are different animals. Simply the AWD of the WRX is what really separates itself from the other two. Please do not misunderstand my message. The other two cars are good cars. I see you are from PA ... The AWD of the WRX simply rocks for traction in the dry, rain and winter ... If you have never driven one ... pretty tough to understand ... If you have driven one ... the statement speaks for itself.

Go drive all of these cars and I am sure you will make the right decision ....

Good Luck!

FWIW ... Not sure you can compare the 'ST' and '3' to the WRX as these cars are different animals. Simply the AWD of the WRX is what really separates itself from the other two. Please do not misunderstand my message. The other two cars are good cars. I see you are from PA ... The AWD of the WRX simply rocks for traction in the dry, rain and winter ... If you have never driven one ... pretty tough to understand ... If you have driven one ... the statement speaks for itself.

Go drive all of these cars and I am sure you will make the right decision ....

Good Luck!

This! I've owned an 03 2.5RS, 04 WRX, and currently an 07 Sti. The AWD on these cars is downright awesome! 

Mazda's are nice but the interior road noise is incredibly loud. We tried 3 different sets of quieter tires and the results were less then stellar. The cars hold value well and considerably large inside for what it is. Cost wise the price seems on the high side. Would I buy another, yup but because they are so popular you should be able to find a killer deal.

As for Subaru, couldn't pay me to buy one. Nothing against them, they sound reliable etc etc but when stuff does goes wrong, the repair costs and parts seem astronomical! Not only that but a WRX is a $40k+ car up here, ridiculous for a glorified 4wd car. But asking my mechanic buddy (who spent a few years working at Subaru) about the Subaru cars and he starts to cream about them, he thinks the world of them.

The new Focus is pretty nice...

Yeah, no comparison... The focus is great, and has a super swanky way to move all that power to the front wheels. However, this is PA, so awd rules the roost. Power is nothing if you can't get out of your parking space ?

Focus hatchback is my personal preference too! 2015 ST 2.0l Ecoboost sure is one best thing for better power and control.

Every Subaru I have ever driven was really nice. They also seem to hold thier value really well. But they are some homely looking cars. Even the WRX is kind of boxy looking.

Agreed about the homely, but better than the silly looking sports cars just screaming 'gimme a ticket' etc... And it's pretty easy to make them look badass

Having owned a 2005 Rex I have to say it was a blast to drive and super reliable. Plenty of go fast bits on the market, however I have to say if you buy one I hope you get a goid warranty and maybe some maintenance free for a year. The engine configuration makes for an interesting wrenching session.

• 4 weeks later...

What about a Forester XT? That's if you have to go Subie. I agree with Monk about the Mazda's road noise. My wife and I compared the CX-7 and the Ford Edge. The Edge is head and shoulders above the CX-7. Great all around SUV.

What about a Forester XT? That's if you have to go Subie. I agree with Monk about the Mazda's road noise. My wife and I compared the CX-7 and the Ford Edge. The Edge is head and shoulders above the CX-7. Great all around SUV.

Don't know about the new XT's, but the older ones were not reliable, same as the Outback XT. Many horror stories...
  • Like 1

Don't know about the new XT's, but the older ones were not reliable, same as the Outback XT. Many horror stories...

I hadn't heard that,but I probably wouldn't consider the Subie anyways. Too costly and time consuming for repairs. I have a good friend from my car biz days who is extremely reasonable for labor and parts for Ford products. Saying that, my wife and I are not happy with our '14 Escape with the 2.0 turbo. Has plenty of get up and go,but absolutely stinks for fuel economy. The low profile tires are sketchy in rain. Due to the low profile aspect ratio,she has curbed the rims costing $$ to fix them before we turn it in at the end of the lease.

Uh, what were we talking about? Lol

Why don't you just do a classic 4wd Ford Mustang like Ken Blocks in the newest gymkhana? That thing would make me wet just watching it on YouTube! Lol

I saw a 4 eye sitting on a 4wd chassis last weekend. My wife hates the stang from the 80s,so it would have been futile to purchase it.