Sign in to follow this  

Upgrade?

Afternoon everyone,

I have searched for a few days, but didn't come up with anything. My current steed is a 2006 450r. I've been getting that itch to upgrade, but wanted to get everyone's thoughts.

Current setup:

2006 CRF450r

-Pro Circuit suspension dialed in

-new radiator hoses

-annodized engine cover bolts

-pretty new MX51s

-new DID ERT2 chain and Renthal sprockets

-all bearings just greased

-Scotts damper

-Renthal twin walls

-Magura Hydro Clutch

-brakes have a lot of life left

-Works Connection radiator braces, skid plate, and rear master cylinder guard

-hour meter reading ~86 hours

The valves have never moved, but I am thinking its about that time just as a preventative maintenance.

I also have an extra set of plastics and some other odds and ends for it.

When do you all think an upgrade is needed? I've been feeling the itch to get onto a FI bike. I've ridden a few of my buddies (yam, honda, and kawi) and really like them. I travel a bit with my bike and think it would be good to go FI so i can do away with the need to rejet when I go down to family. I still enjoy the bike, but that itch is killing me.

So, what do you all think? upgrade time? If so, What do you think is fair to ask for my current bike? what years would you look into upgrading to?

If I decide to upgrade, I will likely do it towards the end of the year when everyone is unloading bikes.

Yea id definitley consider upgrading!  And if youre sticking with a honda 450 go 2010 or newer because of the few 2009 problems(yes i owned one).  I just picked up a new 2014 rmz450 very cheap if youre going new i feel like it was a good call!   But 2006 crf is a awesome bike but i feel you on the fuel injection urge!  Goodluck!

I'm by no means brand loyal. This honda has been a beast and never let me down, so im not opposed to sticking on honda, but its not something im actively looking to stay on. Ive heard good things bout the rmz.