Sign in to follow this  

California You Know you're getting old WHEN. . . ?

I'm glad you and rick were in front clearing the trail, cause I only got 6 places where blood was drawn. Somehow I got poked with a stick hard enough that my boot was penetrated and my ankle was jabbed. Not to worry, I made it home and replenished my blood loss with four cans of bud light.

• Like 3

when you install your new Motoz Hybrid tire and fill up the tube to ?lbs to punch out the bead on the tire, then use low pressure tire gauge and can't understand why the tire is rock solid and only showing 25lbs. DOH!

Edited by Dube2
  • Like 1

For me I knew I was getting older when, whenever I talk about my kids my eyes water up.  .    

Kinda like Mr. Incredible/Kan ne to dump, whenever he makes it up Lookout trail at Texas Canyon without staling it, and thinking, he's riding like JNR III.   :p

You know you're getting old when you get excited about beating your 12 year old on a one on one basketball game!

Edited by YZ Yankee

I know im getting old when i brake my hand 2 weeks ago and the dam things still not healed. Few years ago i would have just duck taped it and rode.

• Like 1

I know im getting old when i brake my hand 2 weeks ago and the dam things still not healed. Few years ago i would have just duck taped it and rode.

Puss! :p  Broke my ring finger and taped it to a pop-sickle stick and cut one of the fingers off my glove and rode for 4 days, lol 

Unfortunately the finger set up slightly off camber, hahaha. One finger tip sticks up when I lay my hand flat. Oh yeah also a broken L. proximal bicep I didnt fix (looks funny and only have half of a bicep now), bionic shoulder with Ti/ Kevlar artificial tendons and hardware inside, 2 knee surgeries. Rheumatoid Arthritis in my ankles, fingers, toes, hands, spine and bursitus in both Achilles tendons. Many concussions (thats why I am a semi-retard going on full-retard) Got other injuries too, but aint got no time fo dat, probably Alzheimers too, did I tell you about my inuries?  :rolleyes:

Thats either old or bad luck not sure.... :lol:  Probably a combo deal, ha!

Oh wait I just turned this into a "What injuries do you have?" thread, maybe I should start one.. :facepalm:

I know I getting old because I see a couple white hairs on my face!!! Uh oh...Im turning "Distinguished!"

You know you're getting old when your buddies talk about their health issues as much as my 80 year old mother.   :p  :smirk:

• Like 4

You know you're getting old when your buddies talk about their health issues as much as my 80 year old mother.   :p  :smirk:

Yeah but I feel so much better after telling the world about my struggle! #injuredelfthatwontquit

;)

• Like 1

I'm starting to notice, that I'd rather sit down to put my socks on in the morning.

The week after the "death loop" ride, constant pain from different areas.

Monday- lower back

Tuesday- shoulders

Wednesday-hands

Thursday- hip and forearm

Let's see what tomorrow brings :)

I need to find a job where I can sit on my ass a recover from the weekend riding.

I need to find a job where I can sit on my ass a recover from the weekend riding.

Pffft, big talker :D
  • Like 1

When you limit yourself to the 90 foot jumps!

100 foot jumps are easy. .   

Its putting on the the gear!!

Loading and unloading your bike, the kids bike etc, etc.

Dealing with everyones gear bags.

Ice chests. 

Easy ups.

Fueling up bikes.

Checking air pressure.

One of your kids forgot something..!!??

Siblings fighting.

Your daughter is having a sugar low.

Wife is calling because she knows, you're having fun and wants to mess with your head.

Worrying about your kids eating some terra firma and scaring themselves, were they might not want to ride.

Having a 9 year old daughter and 6 years son are so much fun to take to the track.

Give me a 140 foot setup up, at least I have the control.... :facepalm:

Edited by jnr450r
  • Like 2

100 foot jumps are easy. .

Its putting on the the gear!!

Loading and unloading your bike, the kids bike etc, etc.

Dealing with everyones gear bags.

Ice chests.

Easy ups.

Fueling up bikes.

Checking air pressure.

One of your kids forgot something..!!??

Siblings fighting.

Your daughter is having a sugar low.

Wife is calling because she knows, you're having fun and wants to mess with your head.

Worrying about your kids eating some terra firma and scaring themselves, were they might not want to ride.

Having a 9 year old daughter and 6 years son are so much fun to take to the track.

Give me a 140 foot setup up, at least I have the control.... :facepalm:

The worst is when you get them all off and riding, then you get all geared up ready to ride and they pull in with a flat. Grrrr

• Like 3