2015 300xcw vs 2016 300xcw!?!

So I'm stuck in abit of a dilemma, the riding season is coming and I've really wanted to move to the 2 stroke world. Currently on a 2010 450 exc, looking at the 300 xcw. Unfortunately my local dealer has sold out of the 300's and says he may be able to track down a ride but it could be a hit or miss. so do I get the dealer to try to find me one or wait till the release of the 2016's arrive? Unfortunately selling the 450 will be part of the deal :(.. Anyone know the general release date of 16's?

The same time as new bikes always get pushed...(August/September)  You already know what the new chassis is going to be (unless you're blind/live under a rock), although the new chassis might not get pushed to the XCW line until 2017, seeing as they've been behind a year for a long time now.  The motor should be the same, and should come equipped with either the tried and true open chamber or 4CS. (open chamber ideally)  Honestly I don't think the XCW line is going to get hardly any changes for 2016, I wouldn't be surprised if its a true BNG year, seeing as such radical changes are getting pushed to the SX and assuming so, the XC line as well.  I wouldn't hesitate on a 2015 300XCW over waiting if you can find one.  Should be relatively good deals on them too.

Edited by motonack

Don't plan on any big good deals until fall.  Why would they give a good deal on a bike they sell out of early...in the fall KTM will offer rebates to the dealers for any left over models but not this early.  Now if you found a 14 you would get a deal?

The only 14s I've found are new/used with about 20 hours, and are about 8500 cdn, that's a little much for my liking. Not to mention the same dealer has the 300 xcw in stock, are another 500 bucks than the dealer I would rather go to... Not sure why this is other than there money hungry. Funny thing is I asked why there more expensive.. They tried to tell me the other guys were selling there bikes at cost because they weren't doing well... I laughed, they didn't even bother to compete with there price. Last time I checked, selling all the bikes you have when there's still 4 feet of snow out, is far from not doing well!!