2006 YZ250f value and reliablity

hello. i found a 250f in the retro colors. looks like a hardly ridden bike. im a crf guy. but thisd bike caught my attention. dealer. they will take $2,500. casn anyone tell me how strong these bikes are? if i can get away from the stress of the crf valve issues, im open. im a picky guy and take care of my stuff. i know the 2 stroke yz has been tough bike over the years. is it worth that much? bad price? again ive been a honda guy. also open to KXF

Probably the most reliable 250f motocross bike ever made knew someone who put 350 hours on 1 piston

Ok. Well I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow. In the last 24 hours of been sold on KTM. I have the money for that, but I'm a saver. This bike is so dang clean and unused it will last a long time. 8k for a kTM is a bit excessive when you think about it.

If you have the money go for either a leftover 14 yz250f or even a new 2015 there amazing bikes I was also deciding between a ktm or new yamaha but have made up my mind that I want a yamaha

For $2,500, this daddy of 4 soon to be 5 is very happy. I could eat off this bikes bottom end its so clean.

Engines are solid as a rock , once bought a used 02 with unknown history , put probably 70 hours on it , never touched the engine and was still running strong when I sold it.

Unless you are a racer, or have money to throw away (not credit to put it on) there is no way to justify a brand new bike. They aren't that much better for the average rider. And putting anything on a loan is a terrible idea(house excluded).

The 06 is an excellent bike. I believe in 07 or 08 they had some slight frame changes but nothing you will notice.

Edited by x_JT_x

06 Thru 2009 are very similar.  2010-2013 would be the next gen, then 2014-2015.   I have had multiple 07, 08, 09, bikes, They are excellent and its already been said, probably the most reliable MX bike ever made in the four stroke world.   A 2015 KTM 300 would be nice, but not much if anything you could do on the KTM that you couldn't do on the YZ250F.    OIL and Filter changes.. and it's all you need.    

Edited by jsmith811

Here it is.

image.jpg

06 Thru 2009 are very similar.  2010-2013 would be the next gen, then 2014-2015.   I have had multiple 07, 08, 09, bikes, They are excellent and its already been said, probably the most reliable MX bike ever made in the four stroke world.   A 2015 KTM 300 would be nice, but not much if anything you could do on the KTM that you couldn't do on the YZ250F.    OIL and Filter changes.. and it's all you need.    

i would argue the YZ is a better bike for nothing else than its suspension. i have ridden a 300 several times and own an 06 YZF.

Here it is.

That is a beauty. Looks like it has barely any time on it at all.

There was a recall on 06's for valves , check for a punch mark on the VIN to make see if the work has been done.

That is a beauty. Looks like it has barely any time on it at all.

There was a recall on 06's for valves , check for a punch mark on the VIN to make see if the work has been done.

It was only a small number of the 06's though, correct? I did not think all of them had the issue.

That's a beauty, I can see why you bought it. Smart move, I'm sure you will be very happy.

And to add to what others have said, Yamaha makes the most durable MX bikes out there. KTM is number 2. This has been reported numerous times by multiple magazines and testers. Ride and enjoy.

GO Blue!! Or in your case yellow.  Put some new shoes on that scoot and ride it like you stole it.

that thing is cleeeeeeeeaaaaaaannn!!!!

good score

you would be DUMB not to buy that bike. :prof:

The tires would be a good indication of how many hours are on the bike.  You can look at the rims to see if they've ever been changed.  What tires did the bike come with.  In the picture the tires look to be fairly worn. 

Dunlop stock tires. Excel rims. I will sell them to anyone here, for a good price. I'm a fan of black rims on my bikes. Pro wheels is my splurge.

This bike is what you see, so darn clean. And, I had a crf250r before. It had a Ron Hamp 14.7.1 HC piston. With a full pro circuit pipe. This bike stock is faster. I was pretty shocked.

Edited by Rooster73

The Yamaha's have a deceptively strong midrange and the best suspension you can get on a dirt bike. Even the new Yamaha's run the same KYB SSS forks.

You made a great purchase, congratulations!