Carborator settings for 1990 xr250r

Hi just wondering what all the settings for my carb are, pilout jet main jet fuel air mixture. Also what are the valve clearences? Thanks

Also I live in Canada. Spicificly Ontario. Southern Ontario. And I only plan on summer riding. Maby a little winter

Edited by TheBlueDevel

These settings are just a place to start from. You'll have to adjust your jetting and fine tuning from there.

The stock settings are:

Pilot- 40

Main- 125

Needle- clip 3rd from top

Float Level- 12.5mm

Fuel Screw- 2 1/4 turns out

Valve Clearances:

Intake- .05mm (.002")

Exhaust- .08mm (.003")

Thanks so much. Will be very usefull

If you are interested , I can scan and email you a manual . Ill pm you my email then i can bring it to work and send it to ya, helped me a bunch when I got my 90 xr250. 

125 is too lean for the main if you have any breathing/exhaust mods.  40 is OK.  I have the fuel screw 3 turns with the 40 or 2 turns with a 42 and 135 main.

I use .004" & .005" on my valves to be sure I don't burn one. 

That would be amazing. I've been trying to find a legit manual for my bike. It would help a ton!

If you are interested , I can scan and email you a manual . Ill pm you my email then i can bring it to work and send it to ya, helped me a bunch when I got my 90 xr250.

That would be amazing. I've been trying to find a legit manual for my bike. It would help a ton!

Im pm'd you my email, jsut respond and Ill try to bring it to work to scan in the next few days. Its the honda shop manual. Legit