What are the different options

hey guys

Im in the process of buying a wr250f and am wanting to get some work done on the suspension to better suit it to me. I have heard from many people that it is very important to get the suspension set up correctly for you and your ridding style. My question is, what are the different options of doing this. I know very little about bike suspension so i will most likely be sending it into the shop to be done. So what are the different things that can be done to improve suspension and how much about will these things cost? When i say what are the different thing that can be done i mean things like getting new springs or the suspension re-valved (i think that's what its called) and so on. So what is there that can be done?

Like i said i know very little when it comes to the suspension so i don't really know what to do or what can be done.

Thanks

Buy Eric Gorrs bike book and buy Paul thedes suspension book.

This way you can understand bike setup and terminology so you know exactly what you are getting for your money.

Also, read the manual too since there is basic info for your baseline settings.

Get the basics right and you might nit be far off.

^not far off!!!

I think those books are a little above what he's asking for.

Thumpertalk just recently did an article on proper suspension setup. I recommend reading that. It goes over the basics and touches briefly on the more complex stuff.

I think those books are a little above what he's asking for.

Thumpertalk just recently did an article on proper suspension setup. I recommend reading that. It goes over the basics and touches briefly on the more complex stuff.

Ya thanks, i read that yesterday and found it very helpful.

Take the bullet points from that and learn the basics such as sag and proper spring rates. Plenty of info on here if you do a little searching.