Sign in to follow this  

YZ250FX Radiator Cooling Fan

So I purchased a cooling fan for the 2015 WR 250 and put it on the 250FX. It installs perfectly with no wiring or modification required. Takes about 5 minutes to put on and works perfectly. Truly "plug and play".

• Like 3

So I purchased a cooling fan for the 2015 WR 250 and put it on the 250FX. It installs perfectly with no wiring or modification required. Takes about 5 minutes to put on and works perfectly. Truly "plug and play".

I had the exact same experience.   I also put on a Yamaha hour meter while I had the tank and seat off. Same thing, a 5 minute job.    Thats one of the up sides of buying genuine parts and accessories.

• Like 2

Is there a wiring harness that it plugs into?  What about a temp sensor?

Is there a wiring harness that it plugs into? What about a temp sensor?

Yes the plug it connects to is right behind the right side shroud plastic

• Like 1

Is there a wiring harness that it plugs into?  What about a temp sensor?

The temp sensor is on the bike from the factory.  I assume the fuel injection uses it.

• Like 1

With hour meters, is there a way you can add time to it if you install them like 20hours into the bikes life?

The fan is nice! I heard mine running on my WR this past weekend for the first time ever in a tight woods section. Worth their weight in gold IMO.

• Like 1

Yep, mine runs over 50% of the time when we get into the really slow nasty stuff here in the PNW.

With hour meters, is there a way you can add time to it if you install them like 20hours into the bikes life?

Some of them are operated / auto switch on by sensing vibration. I guess you could possibly stick in on the side of your washer / under your cars bonnet to rack up some extra hours!!