Sign in to follow this  

California Hydration / Tool back pack: what is the Shiznit?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00H79TTKY/ref=redir_mdp_mobile/176-0246381-5036714

I love my USWE pack ( same one as the LEATT pack) They come in a few different sizes. Plenty of pockets. But the best part is the cross over straps. The buckle is in the middle of your chest and the pack does not shift or move at all. You can also get a 5 pack of replacement bladders for cheap.

• Like 1

Bill the pack I just got is tough as nails. Geigerrigs is the brand. They support OHV. Camelbak is anti Ohv.  Camelbak actually are vocal opponents against OHV.  No one should support them with our money!!! The 1200 or the 1600 size is awesome. Sport chalet or Amazon etc  . This is top of the line stuff.  I bought the 1200 size. check out their video @ rmatv.

Edited by realfun1
  • Like 5

I've been strapping a gallon jug to my back pack. Works fine. Lol

• Like 4

I wear it over my Fox Chest protector. Fits great, the pack has adjustable straps. But.... I don't know how it fits over a ballistic suit.

My CamelBak Havoc hydration / backpack died this weekend.

Whio makes a nice rugged pack, with 100oz bladder, that will hold a tube, tools and stuff, that will LAST a while. 

The CamelBak lasted 4 years, which was great.

KLIM is the shiznit

I got you all beat.  Damn I just hate being the winner all the time.  :devil:  It's cuz I've been doing this for 30 years................... I already know everything!  :D

Camelbak's bladder can't be beat.  They have a LIFETIME guarantee.  I've broken 2 and had them replaced - no questions asked.  I now own 3 & use them in rotation.

Add that to a very nice Walmart XL backpack for $15 and I can have 5 of them for what 1 of those fancy hydration packs will cost

Put your money where I will do some good.  Like stickers, stickers will make you hella fast. :thumbsup:

Edited by superslyko
  • Like 3

I got the 80 dollar fox back pack(small) with a 3 liter bladder and it's been hammered to death and still works fine. 20 or so desert races with numerous crashes and lots of free riding just over a year old. the zippers got stiff three months ago so I sprayed on some wd40 brand silicone (my favorite chain lube 5$)and they work great again ever since. I've seen these back packs on clearance for 40 bucks. when I did  I bought the next size larger for 50$.

this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Racing-Oasis-Hydration-Pack-Grey-/291395948376?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43d88d4f58

next size bigger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fox-Black-Camo-Portage-Hydration-Pack-05685-247-OS-/171640551450?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27f692f81a&vxp=mtr

Edited by bordsmnj

I got you all beat. Damn I just hate being the winner all the time. :devil: It's cuz I've been doing this for 30 years................... I already know everything! :D

Camelbak's bladder can't be beat. They have a LIFETIME guarantee. I've broken 2 and had them replaced - no questions asked. I now own 3 & use them in rotation.

Add that to a very nice Walmart XL backpack for $15 and I can have 5 of them for what 1 of those fancy hydration packs will cost

Put your money where I will do some good. Like stickers, stickers will make you hella fast. :thumbsup:

Oh, I use a camelbak bladder in my KLIM backpack :moon:

I'll just make more money tomorrow ;)

• Like 1

Oh, I use a camelbak bladder in my KLIM backpack :moon:

I'll just make more money tomorrow ;)

I had to look at the price tag so I couldn't afford the Gucci klim pack. they don't make junk though that's for sure and they have a kickass warantee

• Like 1

I had to look at the price tag so I couldn't afford the Gucci klim pack. they don't make junk though that's for sure and they have a kickass warantee

I like the Gucci handbags :sweet:

I have been drooling over the Ogio flight vest for a while. Low profile with lots of storage and a hydration pack.

They do offer a lot of storage. They are a bit on the warm side though in the Summer months. Sumtin to consider. Great for long haul, multi-day trips as well.

Another vote for the vest.  A little tight to squeeze a 100 ounce bladder in, but it has been done.

They do offer a lot of storage. They are a bit on the warm side though in the Summer months. Sumtin to consider. Great for long haul, multi-day trips as well.

:rolleyes:  Fag.  With all the time you spend on the ground hurt, or off the bike healing, how would you know?

• Like 2